HP OMEN 17.3" 4K Intel i7 GTX1070 Laptop

Couple questions as I’ve been searching:

1. Possible to add another HDD?
  2. Max memory supported (number of slots)?

Thanks…

1. It’s a pain in the ass, but you can. Archived - HP Support Community

looks like you have to order a proprietary screw kit and stuff to get it to work

1. 2 slots is pretty much standard. See the above link with a link to the official manual, which shows 2. It also shows removal of alot of parts

I run an Asus 15" laptop, with a 512GB SSD and a normal 1TB HD, i7-7700, 16GB RAM, and a 1070 @ 1920 x 1080. I paid $1399 + tax in store at a microcenter, this beats that price in pretty much every way.

This has a bigger screen, less HD space, and a 4k resolution to boot. I question the framerates at 4k in some of the newer games, but the specs are awesome. Pretty good deal for once, most laptops sold on here are last gen for a shitty price, but this one appears to be a pretty decent deal. I can’t comment on how hot this thing gets. Mine gets pretty warm, but no problems as of yet.

Thanks. Yes, I found the same info. I’m just thinking I’m ready for an upgrade from a 880m and 32gb Ram. Plus, I’m coming back to the US from living/working 3 yrs in Russia, and there’s no telling what might be on my laptop even with fresh installs every 6 months.

It’s a good laptop. It’ll run circles around that 880m.

I upgraded from a 970m to this Asus with a 1070, and the performance difference is huge. It outperforms my desktop 980 (non TI version) in nearly all applications