HP OMEN 17.3" 4K Intel i7 GTX1070 Laptop

will VR work with this since it has a dedicated GTX 1070 video card now with HTC Vive or the Oculus ???

for VR and 4k screen is all I want out of it, better work, the price is great

Yes, the 1070 is VR ready. As a note, the GTX 1060 is also VR ready.

thanks for conferming it… I had boughten an Dell Alienware that i got the 980m video. spent over $2000 on it then found that the mobile video dosent do VR… as i have both the Htc vIve and Oculus and want a portable laptop so i can take it to long distance friends to show them it. VR Is great… thanks for making me happy. Hope these referb’s are good specs are great on them

thunders thighs and woot bot don’t you have some help on questions???

I must be the only one that reads this??? :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

I do not have HTC Vive or Occulus, but I was able to plug in my PSVR on this laptop(Maybe I should buy Vive with recent $150 price mark down at a local computer store).
I haven’t configured how to track head movement yet, but seen people playing VR game on GTX1070 based laptop with PSVR.

The GTX1070 in this lapotp is almost same as full desktop GPU, not m(mobile) version as in 980m. It should handle VR with no issue.

With 512GB m.2 ssd, I was able to install following games: Mass effect Andromeda, NBA 2k17, StreetFighter 5, GTA 5, Bayonetta 2, Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, Fallout 4, and Witcher3.

It has an option of adding 2.5 inch SSD or HD, but you’ll need to buy a special SATA cable and a HD caddy which runs about $50 each on HP website (or you can find cheaper alternative online, but need to research).

Don’t expect to get good battery life out on this one. Mine last about 3 hrs and if you play game, it would last about an hour. And you cannot just buy cheap 3rd party power adaptor, for it has 200+ watts rating.

Considering the range of products available for HP omen does the Factory refurbished denotes EOL ?

I am curious to know about it? as there are so many of them available.

Does this means there is no damage to the laptop and its technically brand new just a reduced price?

Here’s our definition of Factory Reconditioned. The items aren’t new.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

hi all,
I just got mine a few days ago and no issues with it looks like new and beautiful 4k res screen.if I had the money I’d buy 2 of them! yes Oculus gtx 1070 ready, has sticker on the laptop. havent tried My VR yet, just been testing everything else etc. love it so far , a great deal on it… will report when i do Vr with it.

Mine looked like a new except a sctatch on the bottom of the laptop. It came with 5 month HP wartanty. HP offered 3 year warranty with LoJack and accidental damage cover for $150. So now I have 3 year of no worries. I don’t think CPU/GPU change in 3 years will be signeficant anyway so I don’t think I’ll buy another gaming latop in 3 years. Great laptop.

How can you have a 5 month warranty when I got 90 days if you got it here at Woot???