HP OMEN 17.3" Full-HD Intel i7 GTX965M Laptop

This is actually a pretty good series of computers from HP. There are different models with different specs for graphics or RAM or whatever. The basic chassis, keyboard, display etc is the same. I purchased one of these about a year ago for my wife and despite her lack of computer skills it has performed well for her. She hasn’t had any complaints which is pretty surprising. Like many HP computers, a lot of the parts inside the case are proprietary; for example I had to get a special part from HP which came from China according to the shipping label, just to add a second drive in the space reserved in the case for another HDD or SSD. The way the case is assembled is pretty odd and I wouldn’t want to take it apart more than a couple times because it would probably break. So you have stuff like that, which I expect from HP. But for the price, it’s a good computer that performs well and does everything just as advertised. It’s not a computer that you would want to tinker with or plan on making lots of modifications to. Hope that helps!
PS - For those who haven’t figured this out yet, HP sells these as “factory reconditioned” computers, but they are actually brand new, never used, never sold computers. They are trading off the normal one year warranty for a 90 day warranty, and cutting the price. So you are really getting a brand new computer, in a plain brown box, that says “Reconditioned” all over it. And you have a brief warranty that’s enough to cover DOA problems. What HP gets out of the deal is saying goodbye to an older model computer, clearing out the warehouse, and not being bothered by you after 90 days. Personally I have no problem with that and every HP computer I have purchased that way has been the same - brand new in a plain brown box, 90 day warranty, and I haven’t had a bad one yet. These machines are cranked out like burgers from McDonalds, and if it’s fine when you get it, it will probably be fine for a normal lifespan of a computer. You will probably want a new one for new features before it actually quits working.

To be clear from the post above…

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.