HP OMEN 17" FHD Intel i7 GTX1070 Laptop

HP OMEN 17" FHD Intel i7 GTX1070 Laptop

I purchased this from woot. A couple things 1) my NVMe drive was 256gb (not 128) 2) the power brick I received was 230 watts (not 150 watts). Two really nice surprises. It’s a well built machine with great specs for the price. The panel I’m pretty sure is 120hz and I know it is g-sync compatible (which is really rare at this price point). My Nvidia drivers detected that it was gsync compatible. Just make sure you do all of the firmware/bios updates, update all of the drivers (the 1070 driver update via nvidia). Then do all of the windows updates. It’s a solid machine, nice display and runs pretty cool. I have done some burn-in GPU stuff (furmark) and it’s stable and not crazy loud, thermals good. Either way if someone is using this for gaming, you’ll want to get a fan cooling pad/stand for it. That will help both thermals and overall fan noise. This does not look super gamey cheezy. It has a decal on the front, and then the red backlit keyboard and that’s it. This is the best bang for the buck in a gaming laptop