HP OMEN 17" FHD Intel i7 GTX965M Laptop

OK, I will tell you about my last 2 attempts to buy this model… Don’t do it!
It is fatally flawed. I did everything I could possibly do, with my above average PC skills, and I had to dreadfully return both bricks.
Maybe being refurb, you may get one of the ones I took back. Good luck, you are warned.

It was this one
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/risk_free/care-pack-risk-free.html
Looks like it ended October 31 but there are probably others. I found references to previous years as well.

Mine had a 90 day warranty through HP. Checked it on their site after I received it.

Please for the love of god if anyone is contemplating buying this for GAMING, stop. Do not buy a laptop with a gtx 960m or 965m as they are calling it. Seriously, the desktop gtx 960 was underwhelming let alone the mobile version. This is an anemic gpu for modern demanding titles. IF you are reading this please do yourself a huge solid, BUY A LAPTOP WITH AN NVIDIA 10-SERIES GPU. IE gtx 1060 or better yet gtx 1070/1080. Its happened, we now have for the first time Full desktop grade gpu’s that have not been cut down and had an “m” put after their name to fit in a laptop. I just wanted to spread the word since not everyone is a “computer geek”.
TLDR: do not buy gtx 9 series gaming laptop, buy one with a 10 series GPU. The gains from one generation to the current is immense.

The GTX 965m is pretty underwhelming, but for the price difference, this will hold me over for a while and is still better than my 4 year old gamer.