HP P4 2.4GHz Notebook with DVDRW

Using the configurator on the HP page, this would cost at least $1,499 new. (You also get a year coverage, sted of 90 days.)

Looks like a dv1040us.

That would make this a very good deal.

Snapster et al… a couple questions for you cats, since you’ve wooted a few of these HP recertified laptops by now. Hope neither of these are reposts- if so, my apologies to all.

First, any reports of problem laptops that HP did NOT service under the 90-day warranty, or have HP been good in honoring their end?

Second, any chance of listing the basics, like price/ manufacturer & model/ etc. (even a link to the actual item description page) for each item in the top description box of the community and forum pages? I know that it’s generally available on RSS, but many times I’ve seen items missing from the feed.

Just my thoughts… thanks for your time!
LAPPY WOOT-OFF TO ALL!

[quote user=“traderpm”]Using the configurator on the HP page, this would cost at least $1,499 new. (You also get a year coverage, sted of 90 days.)

Looks like a dv1040us.

That would make this a very good deal.[/quote]

When I configure the dv1000 series only have M or celeron processor options. Are you sure on the model number?

yup, it doesn’t appear that the dv series have Pentium 4s available as an option. Anyone know what series this is?

How many people are wooting at work?

How many called in to woot?

[quote user=“zplan”]another 1st page? in one day?
I could have got 3 1st pages.
damn…[/quote]

Doesn’t that suck?

You passed up your chance at becoming famous!!! :lol

was in a meeting for a while here - sorry for delay.

HP warranty has been pretty smooth. There have been a couple instances reported to woot where we found out the notebook was not registered first as a new purchase in HP’s system. If you call up and just ask for warranty without registering the system first, then you can run into a response “this item is out of warranty” (likely based on last instance of that serial number in their system). This can lead to the possibility that the HP service rep might continue to misunderstand (or even not believe you) that you just bought the system. In all cases though, once the systems were registered as new purchases, the warranty was intact and no issue. If anyone has ANY issue with HP service, please ask for your case number. Woot can help on any issue once we have the case number for your original call to reference.

second question is good suggestion on the specs at least. It’s been fun to see users support the community by posting it but we’ll likely release a feature at some point to cover this. on the price, we don’t plan to show that after a sell out except for in the RSS feed.

[quote user=“paulyz”]Snapster et al… a couple questions for you cats, since you’ve wooted a few of these HP recertified laptops by now. Hope neither of these are reposts- if so, my apologies to all.

First, any reports of problem laptops that HP did NOT service under the 90-day warranty, or have HP been good in honoring their end?

Second, any chance of listing the basics, like price/ manufacturer & model/ etc. (even a link to the actual item description page) for each item in the top description box of the community and forum pages? I know that it’s generally available on RSS, but many times I’ve seen items missing from the feed.

Just my thoughts… thanks for your time!
LAPPY WOOT-OFF TO ALL![/quote]

Yes, they said earlier that today would be a mini woot-off for hp laptops.

a bit late for this but BigD sent me over DC944AVR and DC945AVR part numbers – I think there may be different nomenclature involved here though.

can u see the specs/price of past items anywhere? im new to woot, but interested in how much some of the items went for.

Today&rsquo;s item quantity: 26<br>Last Order time: 01:30:52 PM CST<br>Woot Member to blame: earlwaud<br>Order Pace: 3m 2.00s<br>Woot Wage: $17802.00 an hour.

Hi!

First page!

Heavens but I’m a geek.

count it

i wish i had more $$$ :cry:

That was quick!

dang.

Is the notebook going to look like the one in the picture? The reason I ask is I was doing reseach and saw that some of the notbooks don’t go above 2.4 on hp.com but woot has them at 2.8?

So this is what the first page looks like. Blech, I’ll take the 3rd page anyday. It’s a lot more peaceful.

What… no $50 laptops??

Garrrr… just… a… little… cheaper…

I want one!