HP Pavilion 17.3” Entertainment Laptop with Blu-ray

You may be able to play Blu-ray, but you won’t be able to watch them at full resolution.* The internal screen is only 1600x900 while full HD is 1920x1080.

The aspect ratio is all wrong so you won’t even be able to watch the video edge to edge without distorting the picture. =\

*(unless you hook up an external display that has that resolution)

Oh dear lord! Bees!

$590 at Newegg. With some reviews.
Newegg

I might also say that I own the HP dm4 which is a 14" version of this laptop. The base is anodized aluminum, and it features the same trackpad design as the Macbook. It is a solidly built machine, and with movies/apps/games playing it does not even get slightly hot.

Here is another review.
review

8.19lbs! Holly crap Batman! Ok price for an almost decent laptop. Will work great for people who don’t do much more then email and web surfing. If you do creative media of some sorts, I’d hold out for a better laptop.

And all the bees were doing was protecting their queen while they moved to a new hive. I’ve seen two such bee mobs in the last couple years. One neighbor was told just to leave them alone and they’d move on. The next person got a bee keeper to come collect them.

OTOH, my 20-year son said those pictures were “So beautiful”. Sigh.

The last HP laptop I bought lasted about 5 months and now the battery won’t charge. It’s either a bad brick or power supply inside the machine. It’s similar to this one, but not a triple core. I think I’ll pass.

Does it brake hard? Can it stop on a dime? :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Can it run Portal 2 well?

My mom just got an HP netbook that is very similar to this, it looks like the same trackpad. I really don’t like this trackpad(!), it shifts the cursor at least a little when you press “Left click” or Right click" unless you hit it right next to the base of the pad interface. I recommend using an actual mouse for this laptop to avoid the frustration.

Did you get a warranty replacement? I keep telling people that if a machine shuts down on it’s own or the power adapter burns you, it’s not normal! They don’t believe me even when I tell them I’ve been supporting computers since 1995. There, I aged myself.

Agreed. It does have an HDMI port for external hook ups. (For those who did not notice).

Just noticed the picture. I’m allergic to bees. pass. Although I do agree with Thunderthighs son. The picture is pretty.

Even though it comes with a triple core processor, its AMD. The intel I3,I5,I7 chips are much better in the laptops. I will be passing on this and am going to get the DV5 series with 14.5" screen and the I3 processor. It is slightly cheaper and will have a year warranty vs the refurb 90 day warranty.

Seconding this.

Would this be first hand knowledge? :smiley:

I wasn’t to keen on the i3 processor tests. This AMD processor out paces the i3 processor.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/mid_range_cpus.html

Yikes! this one gets hotter than a runaway Japanese Nuclear Reactor Core…Get thee a cooling pad!

90 day warranty. It was a refurbished machine from Woot.