HP Pavilion 17.3” Entertainment Laptop with Blu-ray

Would get this if I didn’t get a DV7 last year. Love the laptop tho. It’s refurb too. Wouldn’t have known it wasn’t BRAND NEW.

They all are now, get used to it.

I got one of those too in one of them as well, I was extremely happy about it, most useful thing I’ve ever gotten out of a crap filled box.

Oh, and if you got a bunch of power cords for sandisk mp3 player, you can turn those into penis rings

Well I think… that’s the draw… getting it for $100 less.

I used to own a very similar model. Its a decent laptop and works pretty well, but be careful about the power cable. Don’t wiggle it around too much or let the AC adapter hang off the table. My power plug became wiggly and then eventually had to be held in place with a rubber band. The port had become separated from the main board. Boo to that!

Anyone have an idea on hos this is for gaming? I’m not talking about full-on graphics, but at least mid-range?

I had one of these, piece of crap, had to send it back to HP for a new motherboard, never did work well, I upgraded everything in my home to Mac, best thing i ever did as far as computers.

Bought this for $800 with a warranty at Staples right before Christmas and I love it. It does rattle a little at max volume but other than that no complaints. The dual mode graphics card is great, saves battery when not plugged in.

Edit: I don’t have the one with the onboard card, different model.

Picked one of these up last time through. Good machine so far.

Come on everybody just buy one and get them off of here. lol

phenomenal? aren’t you exaggerating a lot? This laptop is hardly worth it

Bees you say?

I own one of these. They are GREAT machines, especially for this price. The only downside is that they don’t have discrete graphics cards, but you’re not going to find that in sub-$1200 laptops anyway. Plus, that’s only an issue if you’re looking for a higher-end gaming machine. Mine runs Minecraft just fine :wink:

This is a great buy!

Same with all of my HP refurbs. Watch out for the E Machine refurbs but the HPs are new. All the ones I’ve gotten have been anyway. Take the extra plan if you have concerns but HP refurbs are no different then new out of the box. Just the box says refurb. They prolly made too many.

This is probably going to take longer than the vacuums. This is my first woot-off… Do they usually have a bag of crap at some point?

edit: Lol I haven’t seen it auto correct to that before- are we not supposed to talk about it or something? Am I out of the loop already?

My God! There are, like, a billion of them!

Looks like this will be another slow Woot-Off.

Another junk HP notebook ? Really woot?

THERES OVER NINE THOUSAND

I bought a brand new HP DV7 laptop in October.

1. When you boot, hit F10 to go into BIOS.
  2. Disable “Action Keys Mode” in BIOS. I don’t remember which menu it’s under, but it’s easy to find.
  3. Save and exit. Now you’ll have to hit the Fn button to access the volume and media controls.

Trust me, after I installed Diablo II, I had to do this.