HP Pavilion 2.4GHz Quad Core Desktop PC with 24” LCD Monitor

or save $150 and use your old copy of xp since all vista is is a bloatware OS oh and i built an awesome PC from newegg for less than $350 shipped with a better vid card than this one, barebones are always overpriced and usually crap

throw in a blu-ray player and then you may have the deal …

Indeed, my 1st 2 builds were barebones and I regret them. The cases are typically flimsy and so are the mobo’s they come with. One of my main concerns in buying a case is easy plugs for the front ports to the mobo. I’ve gotten those cases where each pin is individual instead of a block and I just don’t use front ports in that instance. So if you pick a good case and you don’t mind installing your own proc, greasing it properly, and seating the fan then you are much better off.

I am always more partial to building my own pc’s now that the fear is gone. That way you know what you get and you can be as cheap or expensive as you want.

Also whereas hp offers 1yr warranty stock for the whole build, if I were to purchase my own components I could get much longer warranties on some of the individual parts (ie nvidia’s lifetime warranty on video cards).

But this is a pretty good deal… If I owned a business and was looking to drop $1k on a desktop this would be it.

I agree with you. Is that too much to expect for this price on Woot? Maybe so. But I like the system otherwise (except for Vista).

Things to note:
Microcenter is selling this machine (minus monitor) for $699 BEFORE tax. - REFURBISHED
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0292427

New Egg is selling a refurbished model (minus monitor) for $599. - RECERTIFIED
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883107729

IF this had WiFi, Bluetooth, Blu-ray, and a slightly better video card then it would be a true woot deal.

Specs for this “awesome” $350 PC? Comparing items without actually listing the items to compare doesn’t help much. I’d assume it’s not an Intel C2Q based on price but listing the HD/Memory/Mobo/Video/Case/DVD would also help.

As for this system… the monitor is $470 at NewEgg. As for Vista… I’m not a huge fan of it but have really liked it on my media PC and since this has a tuner and all built in, using media center is nice. I don’t think it’s a bad deal if you don’t like building your own system or like the support.

Dell offers a standard “Vista with Pre-Installed XP Downgrade” option on a lot of their business setups. Meaning you get a PC with XP installed and a Vista license if you ever feel like upgrading. They’re kinda catching on.

I picked up Vista Home Premium OEM for $80. I don’t like it on my gaming box much but love using Media Center on the system I have in my media room. Cruise through pics, xvid library, etc. in no time with a remote. Some nice plug-ins like My Movies as well.

Do you have the specs for this $350 awesome PC? I love Egghead, but have trouble putting together all the pieces.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-Quad-Core-2-4Ghz-4GB-Ram-500GB-HD-512-Video-Vista_W0QQitemZ290262749045QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290262749045&_trkparms=72%3A570|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Bah! $350 for an amazing PC could be a bit far fetched. Just priced a new “amazing” PC for ~$1400 with a Samsung TOC 22" LCD, sans input devices + speakers. Though, I am inclined to wait until the launch of DX11, since my box plays anything right now as it is.

Regardless, good deal on this PC. Swap for a $120 8800 series card and you will be playing most everything at a decent frame rate. And…

wtf

I think the supply is about 300 watts (from an email from HP). Also, you wouldn’t believe how beautiful the monitor is, and it rotates!

Seriously cool pic does anyone know where the monster comes from?

I can hardly wait. when oh when is it gonna ship?

ya know, I was wondering the same thing

Shipping updated: The last of these shipped out yesterday. Within the next day or two you should all receive a tracking email and your account will be updated with it as well.
On those that provided a physical address you can track your shipment by going to Fedex.com. The reference number to enter is your order number.

I hope my shipment notification comes sooner rather than later

WOOHOO I get mine tomorow. you can enter your order number, Destination country and zip at the url listed below. Poof tracking! Good to know for the future since it seems that the tracking does not update immediately in our woot account.

https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us

Damn, I always seem to get mine last!
Must be 'cause I’m in Seattle or something…
I don’t get mine till Friday.
:O(

Did anyone elses show up without a HD? Rather irritating.