HP Pavilion AMD 2.8GHz 5600+ Desktop Computer

Vista… ugh!

not a bad deal

Get used to it.

Nope.

Vista can be removed or changed. it’s not THAT bad, especially considering a roommate just bought a hand me down Alien ware and bought some new components for $250… this would have helped him out alot more.

Would be a perfect machine with XP Pro.

Has Vista :stuck_out_tongue:

No Woot!!

WHOMever!

Not really a deal since you can get this from dell for about the same price:
Intel Core& 2 Duo Processor E4600 (2.40GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800FSB)
3GB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHZ - 2X1GB+2X512MB
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100
Free upgrade from 80GB to 320GB hard drive
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Free Upgrade! From DVD to DVD+RW
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 1
$452.61 w/ free shipping (Tax already included)
Vostro desktop from dell small business.

I bought this computer last time it was on (for the same price). . .this is a great pc, i have had it for few months with no problems. I am a web application developer and so far Vista has been holding up fine for me. Although i am pretty sure that mine came with a 1 year warranty from HP, where as this deal only comes with 90 days. Anyway, i would recomend this pc, some say that you can buy the individual components cheaper, but for me this deal was worth the extra buck to save me the time. Thanks woot

Thats basically the same thing, just Intel instead of AMD. TBH, either CPU is going to be fine for the light medium usage this computer is going to see.

That being said, not a terrible price for this, but 90 day warranty :confused:

Here’s a site that will give you an easy walk-through to ditch Vista.

The dell has a one year warranty. Plus you can always choose to extend it if you want more. But the point is this really isn’t a one time deal.

I have not experienced Vista, but from what I hear, its fine on brand new computers that well surpass the minimum requirements. If your computer did not come with Vista, stay away. I for one will stick with XP until I get a mac or Windows 7 is out.

Ah, in for one, why not, it’s only $400…

Could always use an extra PC around the house…

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

New HP Pavilion AMD 2.8GHz 5600+ Desktop Computer, for $429.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x HP Pavilion A6230N Desktop PC - Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 5600+, 3GB RAM, 400 GB HD, Vista Premium

To access the price comparator links, click here
And to compare with Froogle, Amazon and eBay, click here

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

Was I the only one that liked the description? I hope there are houndreds of Apple suckers wondering why the heck they bought such an over-priced piece of crap… Good Night…

This computer is actually really great for the price. Seeing as how yes you can buy a similar product on dell, but the processor is much worse on benchmark tests, the hard drive is smaller even with a free upgrade, and dells are particularly horrible. I would say if you have the money and the choice, choose HP over Dell. Its common sense.

Have you guys ever even tried Vista?
Obviously not. OR. Perhaps your computer simply lacks the amount of ram to proprly run Vista.
Step up to the big boys and spend $50 on an extra gig.

Plus Dell comes with phone support from India.