HP Pavilion Core 2 Duo 17" Entertainment Notebook with Blu-Ray

I’ve got this. It’s got 2 hard drive bays if you ever need to upgrade. It’s a solid performer, plays Blu ray without issue and just a keeps on going. If it was $100 less, I’d get another. Glad it’s not.

Vista?? Really?

I own this same laptop, only the version that has a geforce 9600GTM.

A very solid laptop. I’ve had no issues with it and have been quite happy with it. It boots up very quickly and the there isn’t too much crapware on it (in comparison the toshiba).

People have already counted it down, but NOTE, it has a Blu-Ray player. That makes the price a lot more justifiable. Those can be rather expensive. While I have a Blu-Ray on my tv, its really handy to be able to use my Blu-Ray DVDs on the go, or better yet, hook up my laptop to a tv away from home and watch Blu-Rays off of that. This laptop gave my Blu-Ray DVDs a lot more use than just for my tv.

Heh heh - Lou’s gettin’ drunk…

Every Woot I see complaints and calls for Random Crap. It usually comes around. I gave up long ago. If I am there when it happens, I will try. But I have been let down too many times. Giving up has made me less frustrated. Oh well - maybe someday.