HP Pavilion Dual-Core AMD Phenom II Desktop

Could be worse. At least it’s a Dual-Core.

How about a link, cause I couldn’t find it for $50 less. I found similar models for at the least $50 more?

Never knew this!!! You have solved one of the universe’s great mysteries (and the one that was personally most bothersome).
Now, what do you know about Stonehenge and the Pyramids . . .

(Quality post if I ever saw one!!!)

Thanks!!!

I bought a similar one on Woot last year to replace my home built computer. Not sure what the expansion on this one is, but I put a better graphics card in mine and more ram, it’s great. I like windows 7 64 a lot better than XP. I run Photoshop cs5 and Sony Vegas with no problems at all, 95% of it’s use is Photoshop. Don’t care for gaming but it’s fine for what I use it for. This is not the same one I bought but it looks real similar.

And when it arrives broken, Tiger Direct will make it almost impossible for you to return it.

I had a really bad experience with Tiger involving a DOA system. I returned it to them, they said that it tested fine (huh?), then screwed around for two weeks before returning it. Why? Because the seller was responsible for warranty claims in the first 30 days. They held it until it was old enough that they didn’t have to eat the warranty cost and required me to return it to the manufacturer. Note: this caused me to pay for shipping this twice so they could avoid fulfilling the warranty.

You’ve jinxed yourself! Quick! Knock on wood!

I thought all they had officially stopped selling were tablets and smartphones with WebOS. Isn’t the personal computing side still up in the air?

What’s the equivalency of the this processor to the penntium?

Another refurbished HP desktop… As the wootOff wheels of progress slowly grind to a halt.

Carp! I missed out on inflatible Ben Wallace yet again! LOL…

Oh how I dearly wish I would win a BOC and get a pallet of those that I could inflate all at once and stick them all in my front lawn! :slight_smile:

It only supports 10 Base-T networking?!?! How old is this machine?

But will it play Blaster, Sasser and MyDoom?

The one I saw with similar specs was the same price… and had only 4gb RAM. There’s one for $20 less that has a Sempron processor.

There was actually only one of them. I’m wondering if they just threw it in to watch the comments.

Yea, I saw that. Was gonna be a Christmas present, not sure now

Lets just say if you were to have had a kid when this was created then right now you would have a kid.

This chart can help you guesstimate what graphics cards might run with this PC’s 250w power supply.

Chart of correction Graphics Card Power Draw with 3D Load

Cards above 125w on this chart are probably risky. This PC probably has one PCIe power connector. Many higher performing graphics cards need two PCIe power connectors.

Actually, it supports 100baseT. Read further in the description.

I suspect that this is a woot writer’s fail - assuming that it’s an RJ45 thus must be 10baseT.

Man, woot, thanks for ensuring that I don’t get any real work done today.

Does anyone actually use Light Scribe? How much more does the media cost that works with it?