HP Pavilion Dual Core Media Center PC

No HDMI

It has standard 15-ping VGA. You can see the back panel if you clilck on the picture from the homepage.

I bought the HP m8000n on sellout.woot a couple weeks ago, slightly slower processor and a gig less ram. Very satisfied. Added an EN8400GS to it today to add DVI/S-Video/HDTV outputs.

The remote feels a bit cheaper than your standard living room remote, but it’s reciever comes with an IR blaster for your set-top box.

Yeah, well, not all TVs have VGA inputs. For $600 I would expect at least DVI. Better to just build one myself.

ok deal but i wouldn’t recommend it. get it if you dont know anything about computers and you’re not gonna bother to know. but if you’re gonna add anything to it you are better off start from scratch or barebones.

Does anyone care about bluray? For this system, or just generally.

18 minutes into this Woot!, and the first person to Woot! is also the last person to Woot!

Makes me wonder?

steve

Pretty lame Woot. I’ve seen quad cores on here for less. This one has a dual core AMD (Why no Intel?). Sure, faster FSB, but PC5300? That’ll strangle it pretty well. Add shitty onboart graphics and lackluster hard drive space for a media PC and we’ve got a pretty lousy item.

Can you watch TV without cable or satellite with this computer once things are switched over to digital?

Speak for yourself, Matt.

I <3 AMD and HP is good. My computer I had at home before I moved was HP with AMD and it kicked ass, wish I had it now -_-

Be Advised: Those planning to downgrade, finding tv tuner drivers for XP is pretty hard for the video card, and I have yet to find working remote drivers. I bought a similar model a few months back, works like a charm, although the power supply did die.

I had no idea new computers still came with (21 year old technology) PS/2 ports. Not being sarcastic either; I’m genuinely surprised.

What does this mean in the descrip?

PCI: One (One available)
PCI Express x16: One (One available)
PCI Express x1: Two (None available)

When CompUSA went under and was unloading all of their hardware, I got a tricked out HP notebook - obviously, “as-is”. 60% off and loaded - hardware and software - no “freeware” cluttering the desktop. It’s sweet so far.

The missus is the household CFO, so I can’t jump in and get one of these. As soon as she calls me in the morning (Sunday), I’ll be hoping there are a few left.

Translation:

HP Notebook == “We won’t pay for your hernia from toting it around.”

They are telling you how many slots and how many are empty (available).
PCI: One (One available) = One PCI and there is nothing in it now so you can use it
PCI EXPERSS x1: Two (None available) = There are two but both are currently being used, nothing available.

They are giving you a PCI and PCI Express to use. IE: To upgrade the video card.

Hope this helps!

Ive been wanting to play some games like oblivion, TF2 at their top performance levels. As well I need a PC capable of being able to play games coming out for the pc in the future considerably well. I will buy another graphics card for this reason. For those of you who know, is this a good computer for me (sans the graphics card)?

it means the modem and the tv tuner cards are x1 and you will need a good x16 video card to kick alot of ass with this computer.

deleted

this would depend on the new video card and the power supply. then you’re good to go.

Not the best system but its a rather good price if you compare to other sites selling this model.

My new Dell was delivered Monday. Wanted to get a deal from Woot but couldnt wait anymore.