HP Pavilion dv9010us Entertainment Notebook PC

Nice laptop. Too expensive.

However, woot gets a wag of the finger for calling out The Used.

Nice specs, but WAAAY too big…17" and 7.8 lbs? Ain’t no effin way I’m carrying that thing around all day!

I am in the market for a laptop, but no thank you.

Sure it seems nice. But does it have a PS/2 port for the mice you offered yesterday?

wow, this is a pretty cool woot. I have this computer, and boy is is t great! the RAM on this thing is great and the hard drive is huge. AMAZING PROCESSOR AND VIDEO CARD! I play DoD and counterstrike, half-life, great gaming machine. Strongly recommend this woot! Great woot guys

dv9010us - shows nVidia 7600 card in some reviews? what gives?

Circuit City same specs for this model $1249 after $100 rebate

I already have a good Acer 60GB/1.25GB DDR1/WiFi/DVD-RW 15.4WXGA/Intel crap “extreme 2” graphics or I’d jump on this.

Am I missing something? Those specs are not terribly better than the $400 laptop I just bought from HP.

Nice parts:
2GB Memory
120GB Hard Drive
DVD Burner

Bad (or, not so good):
only 1.8 GHz processor
way too high price

You can customize a dell or compaq with faster processor for almost $300 less.

Hell, my vaio only cost $1200 and it’s waaay better than anything HP.

I was thinking about it and then I saw this
Video Memory: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA) with up to 128MB (shared)
lame! goodnight woot

This deal looks great - it’s maxed out at 2GB RAM and 120GB HD – no upgrading necessary.
No need to update the DVD drive either –> lightscribe!
Sure it’s a heavy monster, but it seems packed with great features.

i got my dell e1705 with 7900gs, 17" uxga, 9 cell battery, 1gb 667mhz ram, pro wireless, dvd r/w, and 2.0ghz core duo, and 120gb hard drive from dell for $100 more than this woot

I’d easily pay you 500 USD a piece for them :wink:

$999 buy it now on Ebay with 50 shipping

Someday, I will make my own eBay links that don’t stretch the forums

today’s copy read:

“. . . a lot cheaper than three years worth of Prozac.”

umm, in point of fact, it’s possible to buy enough generic prozac for three years of therapy for about $30. that’s 40mg weekly (roughly the same as 10mg/day, a common tho’ low dose). 100 caps of 20mg fluoxetine is less than $10 at costco pharmacy here in san francisco.

nice laptop, tho’.

That 1.8 GHz processor is faster than some much faster clocked procs

Yeah, I just worked at a Fall Out Boy concert tonight, and I think I saw about 4,000 Tiffanys (Tiffanies? Tiffani?) there. Whoo boy. Anthing to prevent more of them…

sAME UNIT SELLING NEW ON EBAY delivered TO YOU FOR $1044. no REBATES…

I thought Woot meant deals not overpriced crap! Sell these suckers for $499 and I’m in for 2!

Agent1

I’m typing from the little brother to this unit (the DV2000 Series, the one with the 14.1 widescreen) right now, and I’ve got to say it’s not an entirely bad laptop. If you can put up with lugging around that frankly huge screen, it’s not a bad machine for the money. the standout feature is the IMPRINT finish, which looks absolutely fabulous. The top of this machine has this neat fingerprint finish under a clear gloss coating that also coats the majority of the insides. The only downsides of this is that it shows dirt, fingerprints and grime easy. Oh, and the touchpad is rubbish, as are the touch sensitive buttons on the top bar.

As far as the power, it’s not too bad. The Turion X2 kicks along just fine, and the video card can handle WoW without any problems. Overall, it’s a better looking machine than it is a superior laptop, but for the money it’s a pretty decent deal.

…it really is pretty, though…

Wow, all the capability of a Desktop for twice the price and 20 minutes of battery life. Yay. I thought laptops were for portability… not power. Think I will keep my Media Center PC instead.

120gb is pretty small nowadays…i thought i would never have to upgrade my 120gb drive but she’s almost full…