HP Pavilion Elite m9040n Desktop Computer

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - Saving Woot prices for decades to come

HP Pavilion Elite m9040n Desktop Computer
$699.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Manufacturer Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 HP Pavilion Elite m9040n Core 2 Quad Q6600 Desktop Computer with 3GB RAM, 640GB SATA and HDMI out

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

What happens here, Stays here: [Froogle](HP - Google Shopping Pavilion Elite m9040n Desktop Computer
).

What tagline is this from?
REALLY EASY
First one to guess. WINS!

HAHAH
I BEAT WOOTALYZER
MANUALLY!

WOOOOOOOT!!!
lol

I’d be in for one if it wasnt HP.

Is it me or is this some weird BTX form factor - everything looks… inverted???

BTX is probably wrong but it looks… strange… wrong somehow.

so 7.5 on CNET: http://www.cnet.com/desktops/hp-pavilion-elite-m9040n/4505-3118_7-32592298.html?tag=prod.txt.1

and 3.5 stars on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Pavilion-M9040N-Desktop-Processor-Premium/dp/B000VTWROW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1201240848&sr=8-1

… definitely not bad.

Vista?

Nice computer for a home theater PC or just anyone!

those are some pretty impressive specs

Neat-o! Video card has HDMI built in!

Seemingly good, but in reality it’s bottlenecked by its shitty power supply. I would know, as I have a lesser model that has a 250 effing W psu.

In my experience (2001-04), HP’s service went WAY south after the merger with Compaq in 2002. At least you’ll only have 90 days to spend in phone-tree hell, though.

Seriously, unless your idea of tech support is repeating the same information to three different people with 45-minute hold times in between before you get to talk to a competent tech, stay the hell away from HP. Every company has service tiers, but HP puts up such immense resistance to help you that they shouldn’t even call it “support.”

So would I. This would be outstanding if it wasn’t HP.

Again,
My dell insprion 530, 4gb ram, 700gb disk space, dvdrw, 19" lcd, will beat any refurbs woot has. Wheres my b@g of cr@p!

Had my charge card ready & willing to buy until I saw the kiss of death – Windows Vista.

Maybe next time.

This computer is a powerhouse for the price. Sadly, my last refurbished HP desktop purchase will be my last. Not only did the machine die twice in 3 weeks, but HP tech support sat on the issue for so long that I had to argue with them to honor the repairs they promised weeks before the 90 day support expired.

This woot is a TRAP.

pretty dam good deal. I work at best buy and this one goes for 1,154.99 but we’re clearancing it for $917…

This is still beastly amounts lower than clearance. woof

HP…refurbished…no thanks

epeen +1 ?

This is a pretty sweet deal!!! I work at Best Buy and we just had this unit for 1014.99 about 2 weeks ago. Now it is clearance and is no-longer sold. The replacement model has a larger HD and offers a better graphics card for the added HD-DVD drive. But overall this is a sweet HP Quad!!! This unit never over heated and always ran our demos with no issues what so ever. THIS IS A SWEET WOOT!!!