HP Pavilion Elite PC with Intel Core i5 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, & Blu-ray

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

HP Pavilion Elite PC with Intel Core i5 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, & Blu-ray
$699.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Here it is on Amazon for $200 more!

Product Website

Does this count for the free Xbox360 deal, since it has Windows 7!?

$899 on Amazon, 4/5 stars out of 44 reviews.

YES! This will play games. NO! It wont play the best games out there. If you want it to do that you will need a better graphics card that doesn’t cost $65, and a power supply that is better than 300w.

There I said it.

CNET

Froogled

Previous Woot

Another Previous Woot with some great links by NightGhost. :’(

could this be a good bitcoin miner?

Here’s the manual

And a Data Sheet

OMG, a computer on woot that isn’t a refurb??? The world must have run out of them.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

The ATI Radeon HD 5570 is given a rank of 761 on the Passmark Benchmark test. Not great.

Warning: The pictures for this computer show the hard disk drives mounted vertically… this design will increase the likelihood of hard drive failure with this computer.

I have this computer, and I paid almost double this price for it about a year ago at Best Buy. I do love it, although there are some issues that I had with it. Specifically, I could not get Adobe Reader to work and ended up using Nitro reader instead (but after about 9 months, Adobe Reader started working). Since this is running Windows 7, my home network computers (running XP) cannot access this computer on the network, but this computer can access all of the computers running XP. Overall, I am very happy with the computer. It’s fast and furious. I don’t game, but I do run multiple programs at once and always have at least 30 browser windows open.

Does anyone know why nightghost doesn’t post comments anymore? I sure miss his reviews and evaluations…

Here is his goodbye to the woot community along with his last link:

He also wished the folks over at wine.woot well too and unfortunately explained that it may be permanent.

Guys, keep in mind that this only has a Blu-Ray player. You won’t be able to record Blu-Rsy disks on it. That’s surprising since internal Blu-Rsy writers are only $99 or so. It would be a huge selling point.

For maybe $100 more you could put together a SandyBridge w/ Z68 system with a better power supply and graphics card, and still have memory slots to spare. This doesn’t seem like enough of a deal.

Weak GPU and a new legit one won’t fit in the case