HP Pavilion Elite PC with Intel Core i5 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, & Blu-ray

Hurry! Only 742 left!!

Got something of value to sell Woot? You’d be the first. Somebody, anybody, give us a quality product. We’re dying here.

Sigh… Going to be here awhile…

First the rain, and now THIS?

Oh yeah, “Does this work with my mac?”

Polite and well-written e-mails have always given me the best success with customer support, whatever the reputation of the company. Whenever that’s failed, I’ve found faxes to get good results. Telephone is a last resort, and often a waste of time.

By the way, contacting the manufacturer of the hard-drive is sometimes an option if you have trouble with the maker of a PC, or if you don’t want to send in your entire machine for service.

Things things are really great for giving us all a break on woot… Ooh Double meaning!! See what I did there?

Didnt HP build the bluebird, or something a few years back, that was considered pretty radical for the time? Besides, most people, non-wooters for example, just consider a pc to be an appliance, and want it to look like a pc not like a Thermaltake GT.

And we now can work until 10:30

Ok, then you buy it.

lol i was polite until after the 3rd time they hung up on me told me they sent me a box to ship my pc to them so i waited a week then called back and they had no record of a box being shiped… had to wait again for them to send it finally

As much as I’m not a fan of HP consumer systems (especially the laptops, which are poorly designed and lacking quality control), this didn’t seem like a bad deal.

Then I looked around and found out this is a dual-core i5 processor. I forgot Intel even made dual-core i5 CPUs; I thought all of them were quad-core.

No longer a good deal, once I found that out.

Bought this computer last November from woot, it arrived in 2 weeks (I live in Portugal). Havent had a single problem with it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent computer.

My Bloody Legs disagree. Bring on the avatarsauce deals. My disposable income demands it.

be weary of HP desktops if you are in to upgrading yourself: They put a custom BIOS on their motherboards that locks most features down. I own one right now (not this model) that supports RAID according to the motherboard manufacturers website, but HP’s version has that feature locked out!

I didn’t say it was a good deal =P

That killed it for me, too. It’s a good deal for what you get, but not necessarily for what you’ll use. Gamers, for example, would be better off with a base-model Dell Studio XPS 7100 and a graphics card upgrade offset by the sale of the stock card.

Here’s a benchmark comparison on the CPU: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5+650+%40+3.20GHz

I would buy an HP garbage-software loaded computer only if it was guaranteed to have a wad of cash inside that was greater than the cost + shipping.

This is an excellent machine for media and surfing the web. Most gaming would require a better video card and power supply, but what else is new?

Double dog dare ya!

Though I have to say, disabling RAID is doing most users a favor.