HP Pavilion Elite Quad Core Desktop w/1TB HDD, 8GB RAM & Blu-Ray

why does it feel more and more like garage sale ?

Unless there are only a few of these for sale this might represent a long break in the woot-off.

Not a fan of HP, but it doesn’t seem like that bad of a deal.

They still make desktops?

Quick, someone call a doctor, I think this wootoff is dying!!!

Not a big AMD fan. But some people swear by them. Decent machine otherwise. Before you argue, I am not saying it’s top of the line by any means. Besides, when do you see top of the line anything on Woot?

9GB ram, make sure you are using a 64bit OS so you can see it all.

Can’t bring myself to buy a computer with ATI/AMD components. Nothing but bad experiences… ill stick with intel and nvidia thank you very much

At least this time there are more gadgets and more items that are under $20. When the woot-offs are mostly multi hundred dollar items I lose interest quickly and don’t check very often.

This comes with free horrible HP support - don’t buy or at least buy extended warranty.

Got one. Works great.

err… 8 gig… my bad typing.

Good deal for the money… I own an older HP Pavilion Elite that I got from Woot.

The case layout is terrible, but the components are decent. The exception would be the power supply which is NEVER big enough in these prebuilt systems.

Best things I ever did were replace the power supply and move it into a better tower case.

That being said, it’s a good starting point. You couldn’t buy the parts from Newegg and build it yourself for the price.

I still hate HP as a company. From the numerous bad laptops I get all the time, to the refurbished unit I bought FILLED WITH DUST ALL INSIDE…

If you must, tho, this is a decent unit:

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3,612 <-- passmark scoore

That’s comparably to a Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400.