HP Pavilion H8 Desktop Computer

You just made that up!

Anyone know if this would qualify for a Windows 8 upgrade for $14.99 - Microsoft has a deal for computers purchased through Aug 2013…Cant really find any fine print but it does say “new” computer purchased,so I wonder if a refurb qualifies

Don’t forget that you are getting an OS with this as opposed to buying the parts separately. I’m sure there are other adds as well, the biggest one being that I don’t have to build the damned thing!

I found this interesting, so this amd hexa-core (sounds sweet in theory) is still slower than a duel core intel I5 ?

I’ve always been reluctant to buy refurbished electronics and computers, but maybe, now-days my fears about reliability are unfounded. Are refurbished computers generally as good as “brand-new”, or, are they a crap-shoot?

Just want to throw my 2 copper in…

While this looks like a decent little machine, and a tempting buy for your average home user/gamer, I really want to caution people on these refub HPs. I have had 2 HPs go bad on me: a laptop and a desktop in the past few years, both with motherboard problems. The desktop was much like this one, an HPE-210F (refurb), also purchased through Woot. It BARELY lasted past its 90 day warranty, and when I say barely, I mean like 91 days.

If you’re considering this PC, I can’t really blame you and wish you all the luck in the world, but buyer beware. It has been well documented that HP parts quality has taken a dive in recent years (hence all these refurb sales) and a warranty of less than a year is risky. Of course, there is always a square trade warranty addition, but that kind of destroys the deal, doesn’t it?

Well yes and no depends which i5 you are talking about this processor is faster then quite a few of the i5’s and some i7’s.

I bought several refabrished items from Woot such as a TomTom GPS for my car, and a Xoom Tablet and have no issues what so ever. They are clean, functional and there are no indications they are anything but new. Go for it.

What setting are you playing Diablo 3 on (low, medium or high)? I was looking at something like this for the few PC exclusives I am interested in like Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2. Most of my gaming is on consoles. My days of tinkering with PC’s are behind me.

I bought one of these on Woot a few months ago. It is a piece of refurbished junk. Spend on something else. Read the reviews of this from the last sale. Mine constantly freezes up. I have not added anything to it yet. The power supply is low to. Disk drive is slow at 5400 rpm’s.

Please help me decide!!

I need a computer for high-res photo albums and home video editing.

I was going to get an AAC for $500, but it sold out: http://www.amazon.com/AAC-X4-Desktop-Computer-Processor-Bulldozer/dp/B005J0R4D2/ref=pd_cp_pc_0

Should I wait for the AAC to become available again, or settle for this Woot! instead???

Thanks

"Are all PCs purchased with Windows 7 between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013 eligible for the Upgrade Offer?

Eligible PCs are new PCs purchased during the promotion period with a valid Windows 7 OEM Certificate of Authenticity and product key for, and preinstalled with:
Windows 7 Home Basic;
Windows 7 Home Premium;
Windows 7 Professional; or
Windows 7 Ultimate

Note: Windows 7 Starter Edition is not eligible for this offer."

From the FAQ.

Therefore, the real question is, I suppose, “does this computer come with an OEM certificate of authenticity?”

All of the games I play on this system, settings are on high. I promise you will not be disappointed in this machine. At most you will want a higher power supply.

The FX 6100 retails at $139.99, the Radeon card is worth about $100, 10 gigs of DDR3 RAM, and a 1.5 TB HD is worth well over $479 champ

Full Product Specs

s

I bought one, it surprised me by having a 2TB hard drive not the 1.5

Thanks for the info.

Hey guys i was wondering if any of you would know how hard it would be to replace the GFX card and power supply later on if i wanted to. would it be hard to find a card that is compatible and everything? And do you know if a computer like this would be able to run Guild Wars 2 at like medium to high settings

Question for y’all.
Is this a decent enough machine for a media center? I have a slimline HP s3321 that has worked fine for years, but gets a bit sluggish when I run showanalyzer in the background. I dont care about gaming, I just want something reasonably quiet that stutter as often.

any advice greatly appreciated

Same here. I got mine from the moofi! site less than 2 weeks ago. The keyboard had a stuck key so I emailed woot! They promptly sent me a replacement. It’s an excellent machine for me. Streams mlb.tv in HD over the wireless perfectly.