HP Pavilion Media Center m8247c Desktop PC

woot oofff

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

Refurbished HP Pavilion Media Center m8247c Desktop PC, for $429.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x HP Athlon 5600+/3GB/640GB/DVDRW

To access the price comparator links, click here
And to compare with Froogle, Amazon and eBay, click here

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

Did I miss it? Does this machine have an OS?

Oh man, this place is going to be like a ghost town with the Woot Off going on next door.

HP Pavilion Media Center m8247c Desktop PC
$429.99

• $5 shipping

condition: Refurbished
product: 1 HP Athlon 5600+/3GB/640GB/DVDRW

I really want this.

bah thats pretty lame considering they had a lesser specced machine for the same price a couple of weeks ago that im posting on right now :frowning: guess i should have waited…

The specifications page says “Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Media Center.”

But this is a refurbished machine and I don’t see it saying anything about an OS on woot. You know what they say about assumptions…

8 gigs of RA, doesn’t that imply Vista? XP won’t recognize > 4 gigs of ram, right?

Correct, but most systems come with Vista anymore. I’m saying don’t just to the conclusion this has an OS so quickly, because it doesn’t look like it does to me.

If we could have an official W00tGod declare that this does include an operating system (and perhaps which version) along with what other software is included I’d be appreciative. That would be handy dandy info to have. Thanks muchly

so… i could get this, or i could get like 10 things in the woot-off.

It says it is a refurbished hp media center machine. I have never seen a refurbished woot hp not come with an OS. I am sure it comes with Vista Home premium.

I remember the old days when wooters would just buy any old crap and give it to their cousin or throw it in the closet. Now every pansy is wondering stuff, this is not wonderland, this is woot…

Well not all of us like to throw money around.

How about just drop it by $100, then it would truly be some uncertain crap at an outrageous price…

Not quite correct folks, 32-bit versions of XP AND VISTA are limited by support of 3-4GB of ram (I say 3-4 because I don’t want to elaborate on all the technicalities, google it. 64-bit versions of XP and VISTA support 128GB of ram (Home Basic is 8GB and Home Premium is 16GB, according to MSDN). Almost all name brand PCs ship with 32-bit operating systems due to legacy program and driver compatibility.

Frys.com was selling this same system for $499 in march, it is a decent deal. There are better deals, but you need to look for them at fatwallet or slickdeals. Regardless, this is an easy deal on a decent system. No bullocks - no game, and my friend if you don’t have the money it is time to pick up the marbles and put down the cards…

Right. Because you know me.