HP Pavilion Media Center m8247c Desktop PC

Also, thats not what I was saying. I was more replying to that fact of the XP not supporting more than 4GB. Saying the support for 8GB does still imply Vista capabilities (64bit or not.) Thats all I was saying.

I already said what I thought. If you are expecting anyone here to “know” you then there are other forums more attuned to self help. I understand Oprah has a book club.

Will this work on my desktop?

i hate when woot does it… i would have much rather have this

grrrrr…

I want this! But I just can’t think of any good reasons why I would need another computer!!! :frowning:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c01174515&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

A detailed system specification sheet is available at the link above.

Better deal at bensbargains (http://bensbargains.net/deal/68853/); get the d5000t from HP site. For like 600 bucks, you get faster quadcore, bigger HDD than the combined 640, better OS, and a real graphics card.

ummm what?!

your deal:

• $200 more
  • 150 GB less HD space
  • slower processor
  • 1 GB less ram
  • same OS

No thanks

MDW19873 wrote:Right. Because you know me.

mugimba wrote: I already said what I thought. If you are expecting anyone here to “know” you then there are other forums more attuned to self help. I understand Oprah has a book club.

OH MY GOSH! You two are sooooo annoying, why don’t you just get it over with and give each other contact info like email addresses or phone numbers and stop having your little homo feud online!

Just wait for someone for woot to post whether it has an OS or not and stop your yakking!

Too bad it’s got Vista…

Wrong. You need 64-bit vista to recognize over 3.2 GBs of RAM. There is 64-bit windows XP which will recognize I believe up to 127 GB.

So have we determined if this really comes with as OS or not? This info is a bit of a deal breaker for me.

I always go by the creed:
If it is not listed in the specs, then do not count on it

(although i do think it has one)

I also bought the other HP that was here 3 weeks ago for the same price but slightly lower specs, but that was new, this is a refurb. The wife would never let me buy a refurb… :slight_smile:

I recently purchased this model, refurbished, from Fry’s. It has Vista Home Premium, and it is great! I’ve had a number of HTPC’s, and the tuner in this is far more sensitive than any I’ve seen. It worked perfectly out of the box. Oh, and by the way, I paid $20 more, though the shipping was free. If you need a computer, BUY THIS!!!

I think it’s funny that for just 10 dollars more, they could have bought this HP, instead of the one on the Woot-off and it has way more than 10 dollars worth of upgrades.

Aside from the OS, is it safe to assume that it includes the keyboard, mouse, and remote? The specs do not mention them, though they are in the picture…

Also, looks like this doesn’t come with wireless networking capability…

This computer comes with Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Media Center, and is now listed in the description.

Ok,

Need some major help with this one…I need a PC first off cause mines too old…I do moderate gaming with CS Source and TF2…Mostly TF2…If i were to get this. I would most likely yes/no swap in a better Vid Card, and in turn a stronger power supply?

Or could i get away with the integrated graphics…right now i have ndivia 256mb AGP card

Please helpppp

With an ECS mobo and a 90 warranty I can not help but decline this offer.