HP Pavilion P4 3Ghz, 1GB, 250GB, DL DVD+RW, 17” LCD

Welcome to the HP Pavilion P4 3Ghz, 1GB, 250GB, DL DVD+RW, 17” LCD topic page for Friday, July 1st. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

It is a great deal… but too much money

B O C P L E A S E!!! :evil:

WOOT-TRIOTIC™ (Credit to Mac Daddy) - Hoping you all have a safe and happy Fourth of July weekend. Let’s take time to remember all the great men and women who offered up their service and lives to give us the ability and freedom to make whatever we want out of ourselves.

OK… now this is indeed a killer WOOT. I give it a 85 on the Wootage scale :slight_smile:

http://www.whatsyourdeal.comGreat Deals, coupon codes and freebies.

HP Desktop 3GHz, 1GB, 250GB, DL DVD+/-RW & 17" LCD
We heard you were into computers
$899.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

According to a certain school of thought, a household should only have so many computers in it. You’ve got your work system, your gaming system, your entertainment system, and that’s more than you really need, right? Well, sure, but since when did “need” have anything to do with it? You don’t need to floss. You don’t need to live indoors. You could sleep in the trees like a wookie, subsisting on grubs and wintergreen—but if nature had intended us for such an existence, she wouldn’t have given us such a great deal on the HP Pavilion a1023c P4.

No, if there’s one thing that distinguishes us from the lesser species, it’s undoubtably the HP Pavilion desktop PC series. It’s tricked out with Intel’s 915-GV Express Chipset for 3D-intensive games and broadcast entertainment. And get a load of the new Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 graphics on this model! You’ll swear it’s what homo sapiens survived into the digital age for.

Say goodbye to annoying, expensive adhesive labels that can make your discs all wobbly on the spindle: With HP’s new LightScribe technology, you can burn professional-looking labels straight from the PC directly onto LightScribe-enabled CDs and DVDs. There’s no need to print, align, or stick anything. (According to the promo copy, you can label discs “with your own cool graphics, photos, and text,” but we happen to know for a fact it burns stupid-looking graphics, photos and text just as well.)

And, hey: you can never have too much space for storing digital documents, photos, music and movies. This system comes with a 250GB (7200 rpm) serial ATA hard drive with space for adding three more. It even comes with Apple’s iTunes for Windows.

Microsoft’s Windows XP Service Pack 2 is equipped too, with Advanced Security Technologies to help safeguard your PC against viruses, hackers, worms, wyverns, terrorists, evangelists and unpleasant smells.

So why even fret about how you’ll use another computer? Make one your exclusive emailing machine. Put one permanently to work on some cryptoanalysis puzzle. Make one the basement computer. However you use it, use it—‘cause fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, and peoples got a new three-Ghz Hyper-Threading processor to try.

Specifications:

Condition: New, with 1 Year HP Warranty
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with SP2
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 630 w/HT Technology, 3.0GHz
Motherboard: Asus PTGD-LA, socket LGA775, 800Mhz FSB
Memory: 1GB DDR PC3200 (2 DIMM)
Hard Drive: 250GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
Primary CD/DVD Drive: LightScribe DL 16X DVD+/-R/RW drive
Secondary CD/DVD Drive: 16X max. DVD-ROM
Front Ports: 9-in-1 card reader, 3 USB 2.0, 1 Firewire
Monitor: HP vs17c 17” LCD Flat-Panel Monitor
Graphics: Integrated Intel Graphics with up to 128MB allocated video memory
Sound Card: Integrated Intel High Definition, Realtek ALC880 Chipset
Audio: THX, 8 channels for 5.1/6.1/7.1 Dolby Pro Logic IIx
Keyboard and Mouse: HP PS2 Multimedia Keyboard, HP PS2 Scroller Mouse

Memory:

Total memory slots: four DIMM
Maximum memory expansion: 4GB
Expansion slots:
Three PCI expansion slots (2 available)
Four DIMM slots (2 available)

Drive bays:

Two external 5.25” (both occupied by CD/DVD drives)
Two external 3.5” (1 occupied)
One internal 3.5” (filled by hard drive)

I/O ports:

USB 2.0: 6 (2 front, 4 back)
FireWire: 2 (1 front, 1 back)
Headphones: 1 (front)
Microphone: 2 (1 front, 1back)
Line in: 2 (1 front, 1 back)
Parallel: 1 (back)
Serial: none
PS/2 keyboard: 1 (back)
PS/2 mouse: 1 (back)
VGA: 1 (back)
Line out: 1 (back)
Memory card reader reads:
Compact Flash I
Compact Flash II
SmartMedia
Memory Stick
Memory Stick Pro
MultiMediaCard
Secure Digital (SD)
Micro Drive
XD Picture Card (xD = extreme digital)

Software included:

WinDVD 5 Player Basic (with optional 7.1 upgrade)
RecordNow 7.22 w/Sonic Express Labeler
MSN Encarta Standard
iTunes 4.7 (w/Quicktime)
Microsoft Plus Digital Media Edition LE
Real player
HP Image Zone Plus 4
WinDVD Creator 2.5 w/InterVideo Disc Label
Muvee autoProducer 3.5MX w/capture DV
Adobe Reader
Microsoft Software Jukebox
Microsoft Works 8.0
Microsoft Office 2003 Student Teacher Edition Trial
Microsoft Money 2005
Quicken New User Edition 2005
Norton Internet Security (60-day security update subscription)
HP Organize
PC-Doctor
PC Tuneup & Repair
SpySubtract
Microsoft system restore
Recovery Software Suite
Software Repair Wizard

Remember our past, present and always look to the future. We are truly blessed. Have a great weekend all :smiley:

Looks like a heckuva deal with the 17" LCD…have a great 4th, peeps!

What a great WOOT…yeah…good job guys…love it

I hope some people can pick this up…looks like a great deal

[b]Nice price, plus it’s new with 1 year HP warranty AND a free 17" LCD and $5 shipping. Hard to beat a deal like that, plus a Lightscribe DVD burner - those things are cool.

Comes with integrated 8.1 audio and Intel 900 graphics, not the best for gamers but with a couple open PCI slots you can upgrade to Soundblaster audio and a Fx7500 256MB or Radeon 9250 PCI video card and you’ll get enough performance for most people.

[size=16:f18127c945][color=red:f18127c945]BTW:
Dell Dimension 9100 configured on dell.com with the same specs is $1450 ( I chose the 9100 cuz its the only one with the 630 P4 chip)

HP a1023c isnt available on HP’s site, but the a1050y looks the same and configured like Woots model is $1450, but with a $150 rebate, so $1300 AR.

Looks to me like this one’s a steal[/size:f18127c945][/color][/b]

Not bad, but I am about to buy a laptop so I don’t need it.

Since Monday is a holiday, will there still be a new Woot!?

I’m a Mac person, but i’ve got a friend looking for a PC - is this a good deal for Joe/Jane PC user who wants a ‘last 5 years’ PC?

woot my first, first page ever. to bad i build my own computers… no woot this time for me.

1 for me. 2 for E-bay!

Looks good ,although I have no idea about the price since the old man builds the computers in our family. :roll:

This is a good deal if I could afford it. I used to see a lot of products under $50 on here. If I had the gough would buy one though. Woot Woot!

Jason

Good comp, good price. But, I really don’t need a 7th computer.

Besides my alienware will take this puny wimp to school anyday :smiley:

But he cost $3000 and not $899!! :lol:

Hey Woot! How 'bout giving us a woot we can afford? Nothing but Fosgate speakers, computers, projectors…

I want to see something ultra mega-cheap. That way I can “get my woot on” again and spend, spend, spend!!

[quote user=“peteromans11”]WOOT-TRIOTIC™ (Credit to Mac Daddy) - Hoping you all have a safe and happy Fourth of July weekend. Let’s take time to remember all the great men and women who offered up their service and lives to give us the ability and freedom to make whatever we want out of ourselves.

OK… now this is indeed a killer WOOT. I give it a 85 on the Wootage scale :slight_smile:

http://www.whatsyourdeal.comGreat Deals, coupon codes and freebies.

<snip><–to save space[/quote]
This woot! would rock for my sister cause this is the year she gets a PC. it’s a right of passage in my family, i swear

Whiner’s List

Goosedude - 1
ELUNO - 1
mac daddy - 1
Total -

Thanks, Petey, for the credits!

Hi. I come here to bash people i don’t like and to take up several pages doing so.
You know who am. I am Lump, the legless whiner.
Chased too many motorcycles, now all thats left are stumps.

image credit> joecartoon.com

:smiley:

Nice woot, I build my own comps! WOW Woot had a server overload there… BOC PLEASE!

Man some days that first page fills up FAST! Love to see the server perf stats.

As for the PC, well if it was $500, then maybe. Heck, even $600. Would w00t start an auction? Or is that called Ebay…

Thanks anyway!