HP Pavilion Quad Core Desktop with 6GB RAM and 1TB Hard Drive

I want one but don’t have the cash at this moment.

WHY WHY!!!

It’s not bad for what you get, but it’s very low end for what you’re paying for… if that makes sense.

250 Watt Power Supply means you’re forced to use the on-board graphics. If you want to run anything besides web browsing, you need to upgrade the Power Supply, because you’ll need a video card… if that motherboard even allows a PCI-e card.

I’m sure I could just test this with the next item, but we may be on this PC for a while. I just downloaded Wootalyzer so I’m curious as well: Will the “Buy Item” button on the program actually work if the Woot homepage hasn’t been updated?

Resell bait I would assume.

Well this item is probably going to be there well into the night. >.<

You and me both, brother (sister?)

LAN party?

Yo wootie, how about some notebook or laptop computers for a change.

Do not buy this, a good percentage of these things come DOA. Check the threads for previous sales.

Why do you think it’s a POS? Just curious on your thoughts?

Wonderful computer, I upgrades to a 650w power supply and a newer graphics card. Works like a charm!!!

Yep.

It takes you to the product buy page. Just make sure it’s the thing you want before you click the Stupidly Large Buy It button (the second time to place the order).

Ah. Thanks.

Buy.com offers the refurbished HP Pavilion p6510f AMD Athlon X4 2.8GHz Desktop PC (no monitor), model no. WW639AA#ABA, for $399.99 with free shipping. At $300 off list, it’s $5 under last month’s mention and the lowest total price we could find. (However, we saw a new model for the same price in July, since expired.) Features include an AMD Athlon X4 630 2.8GHz quad-core processor, 4GB RAM, 750GB 7200 rpm hard drive, DVD burner with LightScribe, Gigabit Ethernet, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Yes. The rss feed contains, among other things, the buy link, discuss link, etc. They are all tied to the Items ID number.

Essentially you’d get the same speed results if you had an RSS feed checker monitor the feed realtime. However 1) its not as flashy and 2) its not quite as nice (bans have resulted from woot-off checkers which did not cache the information and checked every pageload – woot likes to keep the requests down to one every 30 seconds)

Yes it will. The order page is posted instantly whereas the main page product is posted a bit later while the servers catch up. Play with Wootalyzer settings!

For this price I could make a better computer. A much better computer.

The graphics are meh, the CPU is okay. The reason it has “WITH 1TB HD!” in the title is because that’s its only selling point. And 1TB is cheap as dirt.

That would be sister! :slight_smile:

id say it’s worth the extra 35 bucks to get the 1tb drive, the extra ram, and the phenom CPU from woot.

The fact that the USPS doesn’t care about what’s in your package may contribute to that. They are not indestructible, so if they get tossed around before they make it to you, then they may just come DOA. My aunt has bought a couple of PC’s from woot and she’s not had any problems.