HP Pavilion Slimline Athlon Dual Core Desktop with Blu-Ray

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

HP Pavilion Slimline Athlon Dual Core Desktop with Blu-Ray
$699.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product: 1 HP Slimline S3330F Athlon 5400+ 2GB RAM GeForce 8500 500GB Blu-ray player DVD Burner w/ LightScribe

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

New HP Pavilion Slimline Athlon Dual Core Desktop with Blu-Ray, for $699.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x HP Slimline S3330F Athlon 5400+ 2GB RAM GeForce 8500 500GB Blu-ray player DVD Burner w/ LightScribe

To access the price comparator links, click here
And to compare with Froogle, Amazon and eBay, click here

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.jpg

Can I hook this up to my Home Theater system and use the Blue Ray player as my primary DVD?

GREAT computer. Bought this at Fry’s on sale for $750 + tax, so this is a great deal. Very small form factor, plays Blu-Ray and HD-DVD with no problem, quick. Looks great in an entertainment center. Highly recommended.

Good deal. If I hadn’t popped for the m9040n, I’d seriously consider this.

thats not a bad sale at all… unfortunately… i am using a hp tx1308nr

Should I get this? My computer is 7 years old.

On burning Blu-Ray, how expensive are those discs> Might be a bit off topic but might be good to know if they are tremendously expensive to buy and burn.

If the universe didn’t mock me everytime I have “found” money (i.e. the tax rebate), I’d be on this so fast. Unfortunately, the universe knows all and promptly sent about $500 worth of car problems my way.

Damn you, universe!

At this point, very expensive. I’m sure eventually they’ll come down in price, but right now, totally not worth it.

The datasheet on the motherboard can be found here

I can’t find a price below $900 for this anywhere else. Best Buy has a newer model (Phenom quad-core) for $999.

Given it is an HP slimline expect to see refurbs soon. The PSU’s in these like to die. So if you buy one clean out the Power supply at least once a month.

no room for expansion =(

I don’t believe this can burn Blu-Ray, just read. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

To person who has seven year old PC, the anwer is yes, buy it! It seems to be a very good deal and also has a new warranty. Quite a few things have changed in 7 years, and 7 years of PC time is akin to 100 years old in human terms :slight_smile:

I know about most stuff, but not much about graphics cards. How good is the graphics card in this computer?

It’s a decent card. Unless you’re an extreme high-end gamer, you won’t need anything more.

Wow, that’s pretty nice.
It’s very tempting but I don’t necessarily need it as I still have a perfectly good laptop. sigh