HP Pavilion Slimline Desktop with 640GB Hard Drive and 3GB Memory

I just checked the price at a national store and Woot’s is better. Wish I needed another desktop!

Would this be any good as a “dummy” terminal just to stream movies from Netflix onto our big screen TV? Does it have (or need) an HDMI connection? Does it have a wireless connection or is that something that I’d have to buy (we don’t have hardwire connection near the TV).

Thanks.

Genius, Woot! I see you’re marketing to web developers such as myself :smiley:

Someone should make this into a shirt, then I could afford to buy it from Woot in order to show my appreciation.

I’m getting a kick out of all the comments from those who think that the description text is Latin.

No hdmi. Dealbreaker for me.

That description was terrible! It was just incomprehensible gibberish!

Didja
really think
that noone
had?

I show the price in your newegg link as $439. New instead of refurb, but not cheaper.

There is no HDMI connection (you’d have to buy an add-on video card that had one). You could use the VGA output to connect it to a TV if your TV has a VGA input. But if all you want is a device to stream Netflix to your TV, I would suggest either a Roku player (I have 2 and they’re awesome…cheap, simple, and just get the job done) or a Blu-ray player with built-in wifi/streaming capabilities.

totes mcgotes…

If you’ve got $300 to blow and all you really want out of it is a way to stream Netflix to your TV, a PS3 or an Xbox 360 is the better way to go; the PS3 in particular thanks to its ability to play blu-ray movies, giving you two extra movie watching options in one box.

Oh yeah, and you’ll get a gaming system with that too. Funny thing, that…

HP eye candy video

I would like a slimline packaged desktop. At the moment I am pretty much maxed out with 4 Win7 machines… netbook, notebook and 2 desktops. Also a ubuntu notebook and a XP desktop and notebook.

It’s hard enough keeping all the OS and software updates applied as it is…

Especially when this offering has such mild specs.

Remember to use Squaretrade promotional code ORANGE for 20% off the original price on an extended warranty

According to the specs:

Is this a typo? or does it really support two different kinds of memory?

I was one of those people. I get it now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Methinks you read bdsisme’s post backwards, ivirto.

I use my Playstaion 3 to stream my Netflix videos (some of them are not offered in HD!). The PS3 is more compact and less expensive than this setup. You can also use a Nintendo Wii or XBox 360, but the beauty of the PS3 is that it’s also a Blu-Ray player and has wireless built in.

BTW, I RARELY use my PS3 for gaming, just playing movies and streaming Netflix.

About the processor:

AMD page

TechPowerUp review

Review links at cnet (see right side of page)

low profile i believe