HP Pavilion Slimline Desktop with 640GB Hard Drive and 3GB Memory

Integrated graphics:

specs at nvidia

The GeForce Is Strong In This One: GeForce Go 6150 for the Budget Gamer

Review at PCStats

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘work with’ but properly configured, it can communicate with your Mac.

You’d be better off grabbing one of the many cheaper devices that streams Netflix, I think. (including but not limited to the new AppleTV, a Roku box, etc.)

No more hp refurbished machines. I bought one from woot in Oct. It never booted into windows. Called HP 4 times and spent 10+hours over the phone. I ended up with returning it. It is not worth the money you pay at all!

I was trying to widen the sample size, but we still only have 5 reviews of relatively low quality.

Of course not. Those are not original. I want a “Lorem Pavilionum” shirt. With an Athlon II dual-coreus interdum vulputate pretium.

That makes an incredible amount of sense to me – seeing as my interest in this item is also solely as a media PC – but I am still leaning toward this just so that I won’t have a gaming system in the house…

Do the newer gaming consoles have hdmi out?

What’s the power usage on this?

Well, of course those are original – lorem ipsum has been around for at least many decades and possibly for several centuries. But I see now that the original lorem ipsum is not what you were pining for.

I tried a refurbished HP PC once from woot and vow never to try it again. The machine I got was DOA and the HP customer service was the worst. I can tolerate their Indian accent but the incompetence and indifference were beyond imagination. They kept asking me to repeat the hour long diagnostic tests that we both know are a total waste of time. I did it once to shut them up, but when I was transfered to the next agent he asked me to do the same thing again. They can’t even keep a consistent record! In short, avoid refurbished PC, and avoid all PC from HP.

I was thinking this was a good deal until I saw ‘AMD’…lame!!!

I wouldn’t recommend anything without an HDMI or DVI port for a TV computer. DVI-HDMI cables are easy to find and inexpensive (online). Using either of those ports will allow the computer to output video in the TV’s native resolution and aspect ratio.

Even if your TV has VGA input, many of the TV’s I’ve seen only display 1024x768 through the VGA port, even though the TV is capable of much higher resolution. The other kicker is that particular VGA resolution is 4:3 when most TV’s these days are 16:9. I’m a real stickler for maintaining proper aspect ratios. It’s possible (though not easy) to get VLC set up to display properly, but the settings simply don’t exist to make Netflix streaming look right on most TV’s through a VGA link.

If you care about such things as native resolution and aspect ratios, stick to computers that have HDMI or DVI outputs.

As for the wireless, read the description! It looks like this machine has half-height card slots, so you’ll end up paying extra if you want to add an internal video card or wireless.

Yes, the PS3 is HDMI out. But also I believe some of the newer Blu-Ray players (not gaming systems) can stream Netflix and have wireless networking connections. So if you’re avoiding a gaming console, try that.

You are correct! Actually, I might be pining for the fijords.

But … but … but … what I’d like to know is … how good would this be for a man that only uses a pc to surf the web, play online poker, facebook games & a YouTube-a-holic???

And I’m a little confused about the lack of internet capabilities. Right now he uses a USB device to connect. Is that doable with this system?

Thanks in advance for any/all advice! :slight_smile:

I wish I had an extra $400 laying around

My midtower is so cumbersome, this + a lowpro HD5670 or something similar would be PERFECT for my needs and easy to lug around

iPaq? That’s still a thing?

Win7 is installed but not included? Or is that a part of HP MediaSmart Software Suite? I’m gonna have to reformat at some point!

The graphics card is disappointing.

Same here.