HP Pavilion Slimline Desktop with 640GB Hard Drive and 3GB Memory

The computer I built 3 years ago is more up to date than this. When I first saw the CPU speed, I assumed it was a quad, and it’s DDR2 RAM! Spend a couple hundred extra and buy a decent computer. If all you need is the internet and word processing, you can get a machine for less than $100.00.

I am unsure you are correct about it being a nonatx power supply. I think it is an ATX power supply on its side.

Fact: Adding a link to your post gives you an automatic quality post.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

$100 sounds good. Would you provide where we might
find it?

Fact: Being creative does too

Previous Comment:

:wink:

Edit: Never mind, your last post wins

This will not satisfy an gaming appetite. It runs The Sims 3 at 20 fps on the lowest settings. Worst part is that the power supply isn’t ATX and I can find no replacements on newegg.com. Coupled with the slim-line case that severly limits your choices in graphics cards due to the small space (+ ventilation). If you want to play anything more intense than Peggle ignore this machine.

But if you want to use it for office work I guess it could crunch a spreadsheet with 3gig RAM.

Hey whitebox, check out my bunions!

The keyboard might take some getting used to… they use flat keys similar to laptop keyboards. Personally I prefer a desktop keyboard with a lot of key travel. I do use my HP keyboard though, and it works just fine. Same goes for the mouse.

Almost 3 years at woot and this is your first post…
Thanks!

HP Refurb:
http://ghettocomputers.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/funny_pictures_ghetto_computer.jpg

About the processor:

AMD page

TechPowerUp review

Review links at cnet (see right side of page)

Integrated graphics:

specs at nvidia

The GeForce Is Strong In This One: GeForce Go 6150 for the Budget Gamer

Review at PCStats

Onboard sound sample

Yawn!
Almost overslept the new woot!!!

Am I still dreaming, or something doesn’t add up here:

The picture (and description for that matter) clearly show two PS/2 ports for keyboard/mouse, yet included keyboard and mouse are both USB???

Do they come with USB->PS2 adapters, or we’d have to come up with our own? Or else it’s a waste of two rear USB ports or additional expenses (albeit minor - but talk about convenience)…

Doesn’t support HDMI /HD video playback. Graphics Cards, Gaming, Laptops, and Virtual Reality from NVIDIA GeForce

Pretty good for normal, every day use.

I’m building a computer on newegg for just $60 more with a phenom II x2 550, ati 4550, 4gb ddr3 ram, 500gb hdd, gigabyte mobo, basic case with 585w psu.

But I mean, if you aren’t into building computers, then this is a pretty good deal.

Just got HP Pavilion Slimline from another site. FreeNas wont boot (from usb) Computer Locks up with usb plug in. Keep this in mind. (usb keyboard mouse work fine).

That looks right, and not uncommon these days. Had the same experience with an HP we bought at a local store. There are 6 USB ports, so it shouldn’t really be an issue.

I dont see any specs regarding wireless networking… does it not come equipped for wireless networking???