HP Pavilion Slimline Dual Core Athlon 4800+ Desktop PC

Is this a better deal? ebay.com item # 270265047790 for a AM2 DUAL x2 5000+ BAREBONE SYSTEMw/4GB RAM+512M VIDEO
64BIT, HYPERT, 1MB CACHE, TC 512M 2D/3D PCIEx16 VIDEO

there is no graphics card the graphics are ‘integrated’. however there is an available PCI xpress slot you can use to add a graphics card.

I don’t understand why it has 32 bit windows on a 64 bit dual core processor. Looks like a good deal to me tho

A good buy for those looking for a basic PC.
The graphics card does have widescreen support… and you will be able to play WoW on it just fine. I had the same graphics chipset in my old desktop and I did some light gaming on it. If you really want a performance upgrade go pick up a slimline nvidia 8400 or 9400 and that will fit in it.

It is a consumer system. Consumers have no need for 64-bit applications nor for a 64-bit OS.

That’s not going to be true in another 6 months to a year, when top-of-the-line games decide to make use of 4+ gigs.

Looks like you got the right picture this time, good job.

if thats true then what you’re saying is the 64 bit processor isn’t neccessary for ‘consumers’

How would a geforce 8500 stack up against a 9600? Newegg has the low profile 8500 for $27 after rebate and the 9600 is $100 after rebate. Wondering is theres a $73 difference. Since that seems to be all that will fit this puter

Huge difference. But the 9600 Probably requires a 400 watt+ power supply and I’m pretty sure this slimline has a 300 watt or less.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102754 This Graphics card would work on this computer right? I dont see the Watts req on the New Egg site

It actually says on the specifications page that it needs at least 300 watts. I’m not sure what wattage the power supply is on this slimline PC, If you search for this slimline model on Newegg and check the pictures they usually have an inside shot of the computers and you can see what kind of power supply is in it.

It actually says on the specifications page that it needs at least 300 watts. I’m not sure what wattage the power supply is on this slimline PC, If you search for this slimline model on Newegg and check the pictures they usually have an inside shot of the computers and you can see what kind of power supply is in it.

Ok Thanks man… Do you think Id be better off buying a new Power Supply for this? I bought this computer and was just going to upgrade the Graphics so I can play Red Alert 3 when it comes out… Im an old time RTS fan so I have to play this

Is the USB 2.0?

Bad news… I just read that these slimlines have 160 watt power supplies (I think they do max 200 watt output) And I’m assuming the power supply slot is going to be smaller than the standard size so unfortunately you’re out of luck on the video card… someone correct me if I’m wrong.

This isn’t really a gaming machine at all. But it seems like a good multimedia machine for a cheap price.

Looks like there’s no way to upgrade the power supply (I just looked at the pics of some other slimline models) and they seem to have 150watt power supplies. and it also looks like you’re going to have a hell of a time even fitting a slimline card in there. it’s pretty densely packed. Go to Tigerdirect.com and search for “HP Slimline”, and check out the pictures of the inside. I would not want to work on one of these.

is the pocket media drives HP offer come with this package or is it sold separately?

Ok, I see Thanks for all your help man. Im checking out the site now… I am running the Red Alert 3 Beta on my current computer which is 3 years old I just have to turn the Graphics on very low. And its stll a lil laggy on Very Low. This should be a lil better at least… Hopefully anyway, Ill check out if theres anyway to upgrade slimlines…

Seems like a good deal to me. I have 2 AMD x2 processers and have been very pleased with them