HP Photosmart 5.2MP Digital Camera w/Starter Kit

It processes Sloooooow… the colors arent good…and it eats batteries. Stick with Panasonic, Nikon, Olympus, Canon, etc. Even my wife’s Polaroid 6MP is a better choice and they’re like $125 or less at the Wall…

this thing’s a piece of shit, the batteries run out after like a day of being inside the camera while the camera’s OFF and takes about 30 pics and then just dies

do not buy

i’ve had no problems with past HP cameras- best price on web for a 5.2MP name brand PLUS Starter Kit- slam dunk for the holdiay’s!

I’ve owned a Photosmart M415 for two years now, and it sucks.

it seems just about identical to this one- 5.2MP, same picture, etc. $80 doesn’t seem like a great deal, because I don’t think my mother paid much more than that for mine (it was a birthday present).

It works, but don’t expect much more than that. The pictures aren’t very good, and it uses 2 AA batteries, so you’ll be changing them quite often.

I’ve been hoping to see a decent-quality camera come up on woot to replace the one I have, but so far I haven’t seen one. :\

I tried this camera in lieu of the comments… but unfortunately the comments were correct. This EXACT camera only lasted eight months of moderate usage. The camera sadly proved the “bandolier of carroted out” at an important visit to the pumpkin patch. I was sadly disappointed, and my memories were sporadically recorded. Later the camera was buried. It sadly sits on my counter… dead. weep

Bottom line. Hp printers top notch. All in-ones a joke. HP cameras Junk.

doh…someone beat me to it.

I have the HP M415, which is almost spitting-image IDENTICAL to this model and I love it. I use it for hobby shooting, and at max resolution, it takes some pretty amazing pictures. I picked it up on sale for $149.99 at Staples two years ago, so this seems like a good enough price that I may pick up another pair since both my teenage sister-in-laws will quit using mine.

As for reliability, I can’t think of anything negative. The user functionality is pretty straightforward, the options plenty, and the unit overall very easy to deal with. I don’t use the included software, instead I plug it in with the USB cable and allow the XP camera wizard to pull the pictures for me.

A nice buy for someone looking for a starter camera for that person not seriously into photo shooting as a professional. Great for family events or all-around daily activities.

I don’t know why but when I read your post all I could do was this…

All right stop collaborate and listen
Woot is back with a less than new invention
Images grab a hold of me tightly
Flow through a camera daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don’t know
Turn on the lights and strike a pose
To the extreme I rock 5 MP’s like a vandal
Light up a face with this Photosmart , can you handle?
Don’t go rush to the sepia tone
I’m killing your style like a digital phone
Deadly when I save to the dope SD
Anything less than the best is MMC
Love it or leave it you better not say
You better get your eye the prize today
If there was a picture yo I’ll click it
Check out the cam while my HP resolves it

CHORUS
Sellout baby……you want it

Come on woot, lear how to spell!!! Now give me a free camera for pointing out your mistake :smiley:

It’s alkaline NOT alkeline…

I got an HP camera with a printer a few years back. Not the greatest of cameras, but we do a lot of atv riding. A cheap camera like this is great for that. If I drop it or anything I won’t be as uspet as I would have been if it were my Kodak or Canon.

Be a good first camera or as a gift.

Oh, and the printer quit working a while back. Camera is still working fine. I can’t get anything right. :o

i bought a similar HP PhotoSmart M525 6MP from few woot offs ago. i think this camera is just fine. especially for lay people who are not in step with technology, they use icons and help files on camera to explain things. or error messages that you can look up on HP website to see what they mean.

and who would complain at a price like that? the only reason i am not buying is that i have at least 7-8 digital cameras around the house, at some point i gots to stop.

HP makes decent cameras. Nothing horrible.
The best digital cameras, IMHO, and in no order are Kodak, Nikon, and Sony. At least for the regular consumer level.

My parents had this camera. I am not sure if it is the crappy batteries or the camera itself, but it burns through batteries pretty quickly.

This is a beast of a camera. Not really pocket material like the point and shoot Sony’s and Casio’s. I’ll pass. I’ll be back tomorrow though. Give us something good for Thanksgiving!

It’s 5.2mp not 2 mp

I think the charger is a maha 204 which is worth about $25.

everyone i know that has ever had a HP Camera has hated it. They’ve upgraded and in some cases tossed the HP in the garbage.

Yes.