HP Printers

HP Instant Ink is eligible with some of these printers!

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en

Pay month-to-month depending on how many pages you print. Text or photo’s, they replace your ink at any time! Hope this helps your decision!

Cool! Thanks!

I ordered the HP Photosmart Touch Wireless eAIO printer for $79.99 refurbished on 5/25/14 for my office. It came in on Friday 5/30/14 at the end of the day. I opened it on Monday 6/2/14. It turns out to be completely defective. The carriage that carries the ink cartridges is permanently jammed all the way to the right so that it is underneath the covering of the printer, making it impossible to put the ink cartridges in the printer. This is when I find out that there is NO customer service at Woot. I emailed them 3 times on Friday morning as I tried one thing after another to fix the carriage jam. I went through the printer software, the HP Forums, an HP installation diagnostic, etc. The only thing HP has to fix a carriage jam is to unplug it and plug it back in.

And all I get from Woot is an email giving me a case number and stating that they’ll get back to me, hopefully, within 24 hours. I got a case number for every email: CAS-775097-K6W9B4, CAS-775098-D9P2F1, CAS-775109-S3W3H1

So 2 days go by – I have no printer and NO HELP from Woot.

On 6/4/14 I get an email at Subject woot.com CRM: 0032846 12:38pm “Hello Karen, Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business. We are very sorry to hear that!  In order to process the return, we will just need to know how it’s broken. Woot Member Services, Caleb”

I already explained what was wrong in the original email so I send back a detailed message stating the problem and everything I tried to fix it, including urls for the sites and videos I used. Am I finally going to get some help from Woot? NO, but I get back TWO MORE case numbers! CAS-778326-P8J7N9 and CAS-778356-Q1C1M4 Do these have anything to do with my original case numbers? NO. I now have FIVE case numbers and a request for me to explain what is wrong with the printer. I can’t buy another printer because Woot might want me to exchange the defective one for another refurbished printer. At this point I just want to cancel the whole thing and take the 15% hit for a restocking fee but I can’t get anyone at Woot to tell me ANYTHING.

By the end of the day I call my credit card company to stop payment. So now the payment is in dispute and being withheld. But this doesn’t help me to print. I have to borrow a printer because I have a business to run and still need to print.

Now it is 6/6/14 – Two MORE days have gone by with no further word from Woot. I still have NO printer and NO customer service from Woot. What I do have is the need to tell everyone I know about the problems you can have with Woot if something goes wrong with a purchase.

UPDATE:
Late in the day on 6/6/14 I see an email from Woot that says -
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with this order. We apologize because we no longer have any replacements available for reship. We can issue a partial refund of 10$ if you want to keep the item or we can send a return label if you want to return the item for a full refund. Please let us know which option will be the best for you. Thank you for your patience and business.

Why would I want to keep a defective printer for $10 less? Do people spend $70+ on huge plastic paperweights? Anyway, I sent Woot an email asking them for a Return Label so I could send them back the completely defective printer for a refund.

On Monday morning 6/9/14, I find the email from Woot Member Services that was sent on Sunday(?) with an RMA number & a prepaid return label. They say they’ll issue a full refund unless the item is “deemed not to be damaged or defective”. The printer doesn’t work at all – I call that defective.

So I packed everything up – it all goes back in the box easily. I take the box to the post office – the return label is invalid. I am not kidding – THE RETURN LABEL IS INVALID!!! The post office guy says it is missing a barcode or at least one of the barcodes is just too short.

I email them back on 6/9/14 asking them for a valid shipping label to return my defective HP printer. I get THREE NEW CASE NUMBERS from Woot. I think I now have 8 case numbers… or is it 9?

I still have the $80+ in dispute with my credit card company so I guess I won’t be forced to pay for a defective hunk of plastic.

All I can think of is Woot is no Amazon.

Dude, that’s awful!! What I can’t believe is that there’s been no response from Woot, even on this board.

I do know that multiple case files can confuse the issue, since they can’t really be combined into one, but still, they should have been more responsive based on your side of the story.

Good luck, though!!

Still have no response from Woot - I’m thinking that multiple case files need to be combined when they are from the same individual and for the same order. After all, the order number is demanded in any email and that is obviously the key to combining case numbers. And if case numbers couldn’t be combined, why did they send me 2 more NEW case numbers in response to my answering a question? Just sayin’ … I wouldn’t ever buy a refurbished item from Woot ever again. And I’d strongly suggest that anyone else should not buy a refurbished item from Woot. If there’s something wrong with it, you have no recourse but to call your credit card company. Woot will not respond and it’s been almost a week.

I just got a response from Woot - the same day as posting this reply and I am now told:

“Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.
We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with this order. We apologize because we no longer have any replacements available for reship. We can issue a partial refund of 10$ if you want to keep the item or we can send a return label if you want to return the item for a full refund. Please let us know which option will be the best for you.
Thank you for your patience and business.”

I told them to “Please send a Return Label and I will return the completely defective printer for a refund.”

Now I will believe it when I see it.

UPDATE:
I saw it but it wasn’t real. The Return Label turned out to be INVALID.

Thanks for sharing, almost bought this but don’t want to deal with this problem or with woot customer service. Ridiculous.

Yeah, it’s really a shame because I loved this site - I looked at it daily.

Consumer Reports lists the HP Envy 5530 as a Best Buy, as it performed well enough in testing and very much worth the cost. Hopefully you can see their review through the link. I subscribe to the site, which is where I found the info, and also why I’m unsure if you guys get to see it.

I don’t know if you guys can click thru the link and see the page or not, but here’s Consumer Reports Rating and Review.

I currently have a Brother All-in-One, and am very frustrated with it. Any time one of the ink cartridges is out, it won’t print at all. If a color one is out, it won’t let me print in black and white even.

Anyone have any clue if the 5530 will still print black and white if the color cartridge is empty?

The customer “service” on this issue stinks. FWIW - I’ve made hundreds of purchases from Woot and only had to contact customer service three times, twice for items delivered broken, and once for a duplicate delivery. In each instance they got back to me the next day. (One RMA/refund, one replacement shipment, and told to keep the duplicate shipment)

I can’t help but believe that the lack of response to your non-working printer is the exception to Woot’s normal service (or else we’d be reading many more mores like yours), but that does not excuse the poor service.

I hope Woot takes care of you properly.

Got the Return Label - took it to the post office - it was INVALID. If this is how Woot does business - I wonder how long they will be in business…

I only know that since I got this printer I have had 2 emails from Woot in over a week. They finally sent me a Return Label to send my printer back but when I took everything into the Post Office they told me the label was INVALID. Yup. Not kidding. This has been a friggin’ disaster. I’ve asked for a WORKING Return Label but just got 3 new case numbers to add to the 5 case numbers I’ve already been given…

If I am the exception to the rule, I’m just unlucky. If you are the exception then Woot won’t be in business a lot longer… I know that I won’t be buying refurbished from Woot in the future. And maybe not even new. If something goes wrong with an order and - in my experience - you are stuck with defective merchandise - then why go buy MORE stuff from them? Kind of masochistic.

UPDATE:
Got a Return Label from Woot. Packed up the printer etc, took it all to the post office - they told me the Return Label was INVALID!! Had to send another email to Woot asking for a VALID Return Label. Got 3 more case numbers from them. This is ridiculous.