HP ProBook 430-G1 13.3" Dual-Core Laptop

I was actually replying to the uninformed comment that “1.4 GHz will never be fast” but forgot to quote it. Fixed that now.
As for the the Lenovo 15", that’s comparing two completely different models in different classes. You could just as easily find a deal on a Dell or HP 15" consumer model as well, but this is a 13.3" business class model; probably more comparable to 13" models of the Lenovo T series or Dell Latitude.

Lenovo makes pretty good PC’s. Given the two, though I like HP’s better, I would node toward the Fry’s deal. However, maybe the user would rather get one off woot.

As far as the 16gb reply. Really? I guess you would think adding a better video card to a desktop is a waste too. 4gb ram is just enough to get the thing up and running and running a program or two that doesn’t need the resources. Just because it can handle 16gb doesn’t mean you have to bump it up to that but why would you want to run 4gb in a win 8 machine, much less a win 7 when the sweet spot is 8gb? It’s nice that the user, maybe under a budget, can later breath some new life into this machine and push it’s limits by adding a couple of upgrades that are not hard or expensive with just the turn of a screw driver or pry stick.

Anyone have an opinion as to how this compares http://www.1sale.com/products/asus-notebook-w15-6-display-intel-core-i3-processor-500gb-hdd-6gb-memory/

Not for nothing, I just received the 430-G2 version, not the 430-G1 as advertised. The packing list also says 430-G1 in error. The G1 appears to have a few more features (after reviewing HP’s “QuickSpecs” pdfs).

We checked with our vendor. Here’s what he said:

Per HP, here are the only differences. The shells are identical.

G1 has IDT 92HD91 sound chipset.
G2 has a newer/upgraded Realtek ALC3227-CG sound chipset

G2 has newer/upgraded BIOS/Firmware

Features are identical. They are just labeled differently on the Quickspecs.

The G1 shows a Webcam light in the quickspecs.
The 430 G2 also has it, but it’s not labeled separately in the Quickspecs. The G2 just lists the Webcam as a complete option.