HP Quad-Core Desktop with 1.5TB HD

**Item: **HP Quad-Core Desktop with 1.5TB HD
Price: $339.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=HP Quad-Core Desktop with 1.5TB HD)

[Search Google](Google Quad-Core Desktop with 1.5TB HD)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/18/2013 - $399.00 (Woot Plus)
6/7/2013 - $399.00 (Woot Plus)

Let’s check out the product page

Not sure which processor is right for you? Check out this handy processor guide

TONS of good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

I would buy this in a heartbeat if it had Windows 7. Looks like a solid machine and would be worth the dough if it had a decent OS. Once I looked closely I was happy to find it had 4 total USB 3.0 AND 4 rear USB 2.0 ports. Plus the optical out is very attractive to me as a hardcore A/V enthusiast. If I could just buy a SSD for the OS and leave the HDD for a storage drive I would probably buy, but sadly, the only 3.5 drive is occupied.

Unless you really need the multi card reader just take that out if you really need the 3.5 drive.

Also, there are shells to make 8 look like 7. I won’t get into my personal opinion of all the 8 hate.

With this being the last generation APU and then not even the top of the line of the last generation I expect these types of computers to keep going down in price.

It would be nice if this had a more powerful power supply, but I guess its a rather simple solution.

An integrated graphics card that shares the systems 8 gigs of ram is not good at all. You need a separate graphics card.

CPU comparison: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A8-5500+APU

Carp video = carp deal

Pardon my ignorance. What is “One mini card”? For legacy reasons I need a PCI.

I will, I don’t mind sticking my neck out there :smiley:

Windows 8 = great for tablets; terrible for desktops (compared to Win 7)

Choose wisely based on your device and intended application.

I, too, was ready to buy this computer until I saw that it comes with Windows 8, with which I am familiar and with which I never intend to be involved again.

I got a bad taste in my mouth from the last HP desktop I bought. I wanted to upgrade the motherboard in it, but they tied the mobo to the OS, so no upgrades possible, unless you purchase a whole new operating system. I just built my own computers after that - at least you know you’re getting quality components that way.

I wouldn’t say that Windows 8 is terrible for desktops. I still highly believe that all the hate is an unreasonable bandwagon jump.

I bought Windows 8 Pro the day it released and have never looked back. I also bought Windows 7 Ultimate the day it released and never looked back from that.

I still have W7 on my laptop and I just can’t go back to feeling at home with it compared to my desktop with W8.

I’m a gamer, student and I’ve been building PCs for 11 years for both myself and my customers. I play just about all games, use the full range of Office products, Adobe Creative Cloud, Visual Studio for programming, etc. I love the W8 layout, Metro menu and the absolutely faster performance compared to W7.(Based off same system specs, W7 to W8 upgrade)

I had W8 on my laptop but had to go back to W7 because the manufacturer decided not to support W8 for that model and there was a bios problem with W8 that never got updated. (I now own an extra W8 Pro key that isn’t being used)

Sorry to derail, if you see it as that, but I just can’t get over people hating on W8.

On topic: This PC is a nice deal. If I had the extra cash, I would definitely buy this. I can see a dozen and more different uses for this PC.

Just noting that the Best Buy model had a Radeon 7560 video graphics card with 4gb allocated ram included. Probably another $100 to $150.

I’m pretty computer illiterate when it comes to building PCs and what parts go with what, but how do I tell what type of video cards will fit in this case (if any)?

I bought this card a few years back and it seems to work well enough for the games that I’d want to play (pretty much Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, or anything older) – would my video card fit in this computer? And would it even be worth putting in?

Yes, Mattte - that card will fit in the case in the “(1) PCI Express x16 slot (available)” slot - though you’ll probably need to buy a better power supply for this rig

well that’s great for you, neonis, but for me and what seems to be the vast majority of Windows users Win8 is crap - as you note, there seems to be a great deal of “hate” ^_~

agreed on the deal :stuck_out_tongue: