HP Quad-Core Desktop with 1.5TB HD

ITT: People rating a hardware sale because of the software installed in it.

Step 1: Shoot yourself in the foot.
Step 2: order Windows 7 OS online.
Step 3: Go to hospital for foot wounds
Step 4: Windows 7 Arrives when you get out, reinstall

Its like you people think Windows 8, whether you like it or not, is built into the system and can’t be replaced. Do you even know how computers work?

EDIT: Here’s what I’d like to see, does anyone have any experience with this particular breed of the AMD universe, what did you use it for, and was it good or bad?

You’re right: people can buy and install whatever OS they want on this machine. But I think perhaps you are not taking into account that adding another $90-$120 to the price makes this a not-so-good deal for a lot of people.

For those of us that do not like WIN8 or WIN7, a wonderful, free solution is a product named “Classic Shell”. Brings back the organization and feel of Windows XP. Tons of options, or run it stock out of the box.

Read about it and down load it from ClassicShell.net

Good review of it at http://www.ghacks.net/2013/10/06/classic-shell-4-0-final-released-drops-vista-support/

Looks like I’m going to need a parallel port card in this computer, Can somebody who has had it open tell me if I need a card with a short tab on the end of the board or a long one? Thanks.

being a novice user, I can’t figure out how to get sound out of my computer. Do I need separate speakers?

Some monitors come with built in speakers - they’ll have an extra couple connectors (green and/or pink) for connecting them.

If your monitor doesn’t have speakers, then you will need separate speakers.