HP Quad-Core Desktop with 1.5TB HD

**Item: **HP Quad-Core Desktop with 1.5TB HD
Price: $339.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=HP Quad-Core Desktop with 1.5TB HD)

[Search Google](Google Quad-Core Desktop with 1.5TB HD)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/15/2013 - $339.99 (Woot-off) - 9 comment(s)
10/12/2013 - $339.99 - 22 comment(s)

6/18/2013 - $399.00 (Woot Plus)
6/7/2013 - $399.00 (Woot Plus)

Pretty good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

and

Let’s check out the product page

Always NO military shipping. I can never buy any of these great deals. Like so many US companies, they will not ship to us. It’s maddening :cry:

Graphics card is weak! Insufficient power supply!

(I don’t really know these things, I just want to be the first to say them because someone always does.)

dangit, why Windows 8!

:frowning:

Windows 8 is horrible. Worst idea Microsoft came up with since Windows ME.

You will pay a flat processing fee (between $9-$15) and whatever USPS charges for that weight.

I know it is not ideal…but for anything you REALLY want you can get it overseas. I have used it a handful of times being stationed in Germany.

Thanks J,

Almost pulled the trigger on this one !

Go ahead and pull the trigger. He seriously has no idea what he’s talking about.
This computer has an APU, meaning the graphics are integrated on the same chip as the processor. There is no graphics card. The entire APU (CPU+GPU) consumes less than 65W, leaving 235W to run the rest of the computer, which is more than enough. You’re getting a lot of computer for the price.
If 8GB of RAM isn’t enough for you, you can add another 8GB for about $80. That’s the only upgrade that I would consider.
Looking at it another way, this is mostly a free computer. Three hundred bucks at newegg buys you a motherboard, APU, and one 8GB memory card. So the rest of this HP computer (case, power supply, optical drive, HDD, keyboard, mouse, programming etc.) is all free. Darn good deal in my opinion.

The Best Buy product page has 4 USB 3.0 and 4 USB 2.0 but Woot lists 2 USB 3.0 ports. Is that normal?

Anybody know if this PC supports two monitors with extended desktop? Or would you need a discrete graphics card to do that?

The listed specs are correct. Two front and two rear USB3 ports, four rear USB2 ports, total of eight USB ports.

I really wanted this, but I cannot deal with Win8. I wish we had a choice between Win7&Win8. Sorry!!

Is the video card upgradeable? Can we add an aftermarket card?

No HDMI support

All you windows 8 haters really just love to complain. Spend $4.99 on Start8 (or use a free start replacement) and you get the look of Windows 7 with the advancement of windows 8. You’re really not that cheap are you?

Do the CPU and GPU use the same RAM? If yes, does this slow things down?

Classic Shell is the free version and it makes Win8 look and act ALMOST like Win7.

This deal is tempting, but like others, I have doubts about the operating system. Is Win8 the first Windows designed for touchscreen? And would this computer accept touchscreen commands with the right monitor? Without touchscreen hardware is Win8 kind of under-utilized?