HP Quad-Core Desktop with 1.5TB HD

It doesn’t have a graphics card so you could put a nice pci-e card in. Integrated graphics almost always blow.

Same with the power supply you can always replace it with a better one but over all the specs don’t look bad.

I installed classic shell on a WIN 8 computer…Gets you back to a WIN 7 look for most shtuff…

Without loading Firefox or Chrome…

Is there any way of getting rid of the Internet Explorer look…The only issue to be resolved with the Win 8 vs Win 7 look thing for me atleast that is left…

Classic shell is free and very nice…

if you go to deals.woot and search for moofi, there is a similar one for $10 less.

It has a slightly faster processor, but 1tb drive instead of 1.5

I orderet it earlier this week, and it arrived in 2 days. so far I like it.
Windows 8 is annoying, but you will eventually need to learn it unless you never want to upgrade your computer.

I ordered the one from moofi also yesterday before this one came up. To add it has Bluetooth support where as this one here does not… not earth shattering but if you are wanting Bluetooth then the moofi one has it.

Here is the link:

The reason everyone says ‘graphics card stinks! Terrible power supply!’ is because the HP Pavilion series is known for this.

As purchased, it’s a fine machine for normal word processing, web searching, and so forth. Plenty fast processor even if it’s AMD which is a little weaker than Intel, plenty of memory and room to expand, plenty of hard drive space on a big slow drive.

The problem is that it will not play modern games. Modern games require an additional graphics card and the additional graphics card, to be safe, requires at least 400-500 watts of power all by itself.

This computer comes with a 300 watt power supply, which is enough to run its own processor and memory. But if you plug a serious graphics card into it, you will overdraw the power supply and something will burn out shortly and in a bad way.

If you want to use this as the base of a gaming machine, you first buy a 600-800 watt power supply that fits (not really expensive) then buy a graphics card that fits into your budget (easily 200-500 dollars, 600 for the top of the line).

Then you will have a pretty fast gaming machine that won’t burn out on you.

Or get the
FREE and best app to turn windows 8 the way you like it …like win 7 or get the Start button back and so on…many other custom skins etc…
http://www.classicshell.net
Classic Shell™ is free software that improves your productivity, enhances the usability of Windows and empowers you to use the computer the way you like it. The main features are:
Highly customizable start menu with multiple styles and skins
Quick access to recent, frequently-used, or pinned programs
Find programs, settings, files and documents
Start button for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
Toolbar and status bar for Windows Explorer
Caption and status bar for Internet Explorer
Classic Shell has been in active development for 4 years and has over 10 million downloads.

i agree with you,i use classic shell and love it. nice software,free,and they have helpful folk on their site for support or the forum to ask anything you like to know…

Can anyone help? I’m fed up with Charter Cable and ready to “cut the cord” and go over air and internet TV only. Will this system with it’s integrated graphics work to display on a 40" HDTV? If not, just what do I need?
Thanks!

Yes it will. You will just need to get a TV tuner, such as one of these for example:

http://www.amazon.com/HVR850-USB2-Tv-Stick-Tuner/dp/B001DERXV6/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1383423556&sr=1-4&keywords=usb+tv+tuner

http://www.amazon.com/SiliconDust-HDHomeRun-Definition-Digital-HDHR3-US/dp/B004HO58SO/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1383422825&sr=1-2&keywords=usb+tv+tuner

With the 8.1 upgrade you can configure your machine to boot directly to desktop mode. I think some folks might not be aware of this yet.

The upgrade is free too…bought this
machine last time around and am happy with it. I use the desktop setting on windows 8.1…can’t stop progress no matter what direction it goes in.It 's a $525 computer you can get for $325…

Doesn’t the most recent update of Windows 8 (? 8.1?) return the START button that so many of us got used to in Win 7…and was still there under the covers of Win 8.0?

Just look at the mobo photo and you’ll see that it has plenty of PCI-X slots. Your only limitation would be the 300W power supply.

Just buy a DVI to HDMI adapter, problem solved. There’s also a VGA port, which most HDTVs accept anyway.

Would the cpu in this be adequate for a Plex Server?

The win 8.1 start button just takes you to the metro start screen.

I wish I had chose this one (Quad-Core Desktop with 1TB HD). It is $20 less and has a Radeon HD 7560 card:

HP Pavilion P7-1534 Desktop, AMD A8-5500 Quad-Core 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 1TB SATA, USB 3.0, Radeon HD 7560D, 802.11n, Win 8

Come out better with this one for $319.99.
http://sellout.woot.com/offers/quad-core-desktop-with-1tb-hd-15

Can you please recommend a good PCI card and power supply for this PC? For battlefield 3 or assasins’s creed kinda PC games? I am not big PC techy but I think I can replace card and power supply if there is easy option…I can get it from Amazon/Newegg…
Thanks

Yes, any PC with both VGA and DVI ports with do two monitors.