HP R507XI 4.1MP Digital Camera with Dock

$229 elsewhere

I have an R817 sitting here, and if this model is any similar, you will probably hate it. My camera will simply not co-operate with the settings I have it at (When I want a 100ms aperture timing, you do that, and don’t wait to get enough light to see everything), the photos usually come out grainy and full of noise… It might work for beginners, as it’s pretty darn easy to operate… But please, if you’re expecting quality, go with a Canon, or some other reputable brand.

no dock or extra battery included there, the guy used a stock photo showing it, but his description says only one battery and doesnt mention the dock so its not the same thing

New for $156 shipped on ebay.

I laughed my ass off at that product description, my grandpa is EXACTLY like uncle roy, i even got an “inspirational” forwarded email from him today. I’ll be telling him about this in a few hours when he wakes up for the day lol. he’s been looking for a digital camera with a dock and SWEARS that HP is the best thing in the world, hard to come between him and his pavillion.

or hype it the most and let you know what they want you to know.

4.1 MP is good for those of us who don’t want to print out the picture because we only email them. The 1 GB SD card they had on woot a few days back would go great with this camera. I have enough cameras and would love a digital camcorder with a camera (hint hint woot).

My HP digital camera can go through 2 new batteries in 30 minutes-ugh. Anyone have any better luck with another brand?!?

Come on !!! You joined 15 months ago. You start long before the podcasts were introduced. Certainly you must have noticed by now that Matthew gets the weekends off. (Either you are not paying attention, or you don’t check woot too often.)

• Enjoy your weekend Matthew. * * *

Woot, y’all got a problem with Malaysia?

I don’t see you whining when your cpus, memory, and dell computers are manufactured there.

I wish this camera would have been made in Malaysia, so it would be twice as good and half as cheap.

Yey Malaysia. Boooooooo tonight’s woot. “Mid Knight Bachs” gave me a better Bouncing Ovary Class than you did, BTW, might want to send me your next 61" TV in the next Big Ole Crack, or I might have to take my $8 dollars elsewhere. :slight_smile:

Price Comparison…Oversstock.com lists this at 34% off and they list it at 229$ buckeroos…not a bad buy if your looking for a first time camera…otherwise shoot for something smaller and thinner that will fit it in your pocket or in your purse…you’ll thank me…maybe even pay for my future WOOTS

FATTY

I believe the podcast is turned off for the weekend. Who knows maybe they grabbed the camera and went off to take some pictures for the upcoming woot. At 4.1 MP the images should be really sharp and of course the size of them will be really big. Whoever gets this camera should look at getting a 2 GB SD card so they can take days worth of pictures and not worry about running out. :wink:

Wow, this remindes me of my grandpa, but he just bought a new camera. And, than god he doesn’t know my e-mail adress…

What kind of batteries are you using? Gotta spend the extra cash for the Lithium ones, plus make sure you don’t leave the camera on if you not using it. Little tricks to save you some battery life.

i would buy if it was 79 instead of 179 … lol… but i think its still cheaper then froogle… i dnt think its a bad deal for a first time buyers… but not be thanks

Boooo! I don’t need a camera. Looks like a nice starter camera. The Vivitar 8MP looked better though when it was on here.

old - older - oldest . to be 4.1 or not to be —NOT–later wootie

This is a cached link but

http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?p=HP+R507XI&sm=Yahoo%21+Search&f…=hp+r507xi&d=R2w_521aMaQs&icp=1&.intl=us

you could have had it for $139!

going on 18 now, it must not be working

17 min. out and no takers. Maybe WOOT should try something different, like, say name brand cordless tools. The iSAW, the iDRILL, or maybe an iROC Z refurb.