HP ScanJet 5500C Flatbed Scanner with Automatic Photo Feeder

Is this thing new or a refurb?

This is on ebay for a few bucks cheaper.

gotta love ebays shipping prices… :roll:

www.freeguide4all.com
(wont be posted again today)

get FREE STUFF with 160+ of your fellow wooters!

(free stuff ranges from ipods, to laptops, to cash, to video games… etc)

You can also get a used one for $50

Street range: $135.00 - $250.00

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,762972,00.asp

Customer Reviews mention trouble with jamminng and buggy software.

[quote user=“W00ter”]
HP ScanJet 5500C Scanner with Auto Photo Feeder
Scan in the place where you were
$99.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling
Turn on your scanner. Open your scanning software. Lift the lid of the scanner. Place one photo in the corner of the glass. Close the lid of the scanner. Wait for the scanner to warm up. Wait. Wait. Hit the scan button. Wait. Check the image on the screen. OK, one down. Lift the lid of the scanner. Remove the photo. Place one photo in the corner of the glass…

It’s as maddeningly tedious to read as it is to actually do. There’s a whole world whizzing by out there, shutterbug! Don’t lose another invaluable moment of sweet, sacred life to the archaic demands of your stone age photo scanner. This Jetsons-worthy timesaver can zip through a stack of 3×5s or 4×6s in mere seconds apiece. The lighted adapter eats negatives for breakfast and slides for lunch. One-touch buttons let you copy ‘em, email ‘em, share ‘em on the web – everything but throw ‘em in the oven for baby and me.

Diisregard the powerful hi-res scanner for a moment, if you can – the adapters alone usually cost more than this whole package. But wait! There’s more! You also get a bundle of software for easy manipulation of your scanned pics, and all the cables and manuals you need to put this mug to work. And you don’t even have to thank us. Who Woots you, baby?

Features:

* Scanner type: Flatbed, one-pass color and monochrome
* Scanning area: 8.5×11.7 inches
* Resolution, optical: 2400x2400 dpi
* Resolution, enhanced: 12 - 999,999 dpi
* Color depth: 48-bit (internal hardware)
* Gray scale: 256
* Scanning speeds: Less than 30 seconds for 4×6-in. color photo into Microsoft Word; less than 45 seconds for OCR a full page of text into Word; less than 25 seconds for black-and-white bitmap into Word; less than 25 seconds for e-mail a photo; 4 photos per minute using automatic photo feed
* Zooming: Yes
* Light source: Cold cathode fluorescent
* Photoelectric device: Charge coupled device (CCD)
* Operating systems: Windows XP Pro, XP Home, 2000, Me, 98, Mac OS 9.1 and higher, Mac OS X 10.1.2 and higher
* Interface: USB 2.0 full and high speed

Dimenions:

* Width: 12.2 inches
* Height: 6.7 inches
* Depth: 21.6 inches
* Weight: 11.6 pounds
* Warranty: 1 year, backed by HP customer care

In the Box:

* HP Scanjet 5500C Flatbed USB Scanner
* HP scanjet automatic photo feeder (3×5 and 4×6-inch photos only)
* HP scanjet active transparent material adapter (35mm negatives and slides)
* User’s manual
* USB cable
* External power adapter
* CD-ROM with software for Windows and Mac

Software:

* Includes HP memories disc creator software
* HP Scanjet Copy Utility
* HP share-to-web software
* Suite of electronic help tools
* ArcSoft FunHouse[/quote]

Looks pretty sleek to me. Too bad I already have an ancient scanner that still works.

wooty mantra…
too busy taking pictures of my crap

Looks neat but I need a MFC 201C

Consistently bad reviews at amazon too. I was all set to go ahead and get this thing until I read a few… Apparently the feeder jams a bunch among other issues.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006LHLB/qid=1108016181/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl23/102-7716579-2616940?v=glance&s=photo&n=507846

pleeeeeeeeaaaaase!!!

[url]http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=244&subcategory=250&product=10769[/url]

:roll:

:frowning:

HP reports this item is discountinued.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF10a/15179-64195-215155-15202-215155-77374.html

[quote user=“spcmnspff302”][quote user=“roccochiv”][quote user=“Phantomweevil”][quote user=“reykjavik”][quote user=“doytchev”]MORE DECENT WOOTS IN THE BOX, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
AND MORE RAM IN WOOT’S SERVERS
[/quote]

I dont get it, is he trying to be funny? What does “more decent woots in the box” even mean? In what box? And why do you have to keep repeating it every day in big bold red? Honestly, I pray to god that when you go to high school tomorrow morning, the jocks give you yet another beating you will be talking about with your shrink for a very long time. I do not condone violence, but with people like you living on our planet, its genuinely starting to make more and more sense.

P.S. also, its not pleaseeeeee, its pleeeease. You can’t over-emphasize something that is silent. $20 bucks says he’s russian.[/quote]

Holy crap, you just said everything that I was thinking, even down to the silent E’s. I’m guessing he wants to be known as his own quirkly little character, the “more woots in the box” guy. And then he cries himself to sleep as usual.[/quote]

Too Funny, I have been thinking the same thing about this Jack Off for over 3 months now![/quote]

He’s just one of “those people”. The stupid losers, who have nothing better to do than spend as much of their lawm-mozing money as they can to buy anything that shows up on woot for less than $25. He’s one of those guys who, for some reason unbeknownst to sun-dwellers, likes to be the first person to make a stupid little post on this stupid little forum (no offense meant to woot.com or it’s normal inhabitants in any way). He’s like the 12 year old kids who invade F-Body, WRX, and EVO forums, and tries to “pwn” them with his talk about Hondas being able to have 500hp. And he refuses to acknowledge the fact that an LS1 can make the same power with a few bolt-ons. He thinks, for some reason he’s funny and everyone has some respect for him.

What a loser…[/quote]

ebay wins!

Dang, was all set to get one but held off. Seems like reviews show that was a good idea. it’s not like my negatives are going anywhere tucked as they are in 5 boxes at the bottom of my closet.

Hey look! I just got quoted. Neat…

Sorry for that, but we must fight fire with fire.

$79 on eBay but no WARRANTY. Thanks WOOT I needed a scanner. Now to explain purchase to wife when she wakes up.

Geez. $79 on ebay LMAO!! read the fine print from that $79 listing:

Convergence Terms and Conditions

· · Our products are purchased from overstocked items of contract manufacturers. This means that the product was opened by certified manufacturer engineers (in this case HP) tested and sold at much lower than retail value with void warranty.

the Woots come with 1 year warranty from HP.

THANKS WOOT!!! I got my 3

Sorry for that, but we must fight fire with fire.[/quote

True. What I said was lame, and I deserve to be made fun of.

But I most definitely am not as lame as this kid.