HP Scanjet 5550C Flatbed Scanner with ADF

Welcome to the HP Scanjet 5550C Flatbed Scanner with ADF page for Wednesday, March 2nd. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

Oops - way too many kittens. So much for “reload”

Thanks for playing forum cleanup, GC - sorry about the dupes.

WOOT’s still kicking up the great deals!!

WOW! Cheapest on froogle is $184 and that is before shipping!

You can’t beat the savings on this one!

www.whatsyourdeal.comGreat Deals, coupon codes and freebies.

Second page! Delete me, Cow!

:slight_smile:

[size=24:c37ab475be]Anyway, not supported by Linux :-([/size:c37ab475be]

Scanjet 5550C

First page, and once again woot! did not sell out, even after all of the talk about them selling out all the time. Two straight days and woot! is left with their crap still in stock. Crappy toy cars and even crappier cameras are piled up somehwere, unsold. Once again, I need to be on record with the forcast of this site’s demise. I know I said it the last two days, but it is my experience that learning is made best by repetition. I just want to be totally sure that when all you losers find another blog to inhabit, you will remember my forcast and it will echo in your ears. I am not, incidentally, claiming not to be a loser myself, just for the record.

Scanner again!!! Hi JB… :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Way too many pictures of kittens- Please delete those meaningless posts and I don’t mind if you delete this one also. It hurts my eyes :shock:

community board came up a whole minute before posting of the Woot of the day!

You know it

same woot as a few weeks ago, almost! :frowning:

It is just me, or have recent WOOT’s been really lame? I mean, they didn’t even sell out of the last WOOT. No one wanted it.

whew…piggy bank’s safe for another day…back to bed clink zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Amazon.com:

5 of 6 people found the following review helpful:

1 out of 5 stars I returned two of these scanners!, October 7, 2004

Reviewer: Unfurl (SF Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
This scanner was appealing because of the low cost/features combo. The first one we received worked alright for about 100 pages worth of scanning then the ADF started to pull more and more to one side very quickly resulting in jamming every page into a little ball. We called HP, they called it defective and took it back.

Second scanner, I had only half-unpacked the unit when I realized that the ‘cancel’ button on the front panel had been crushed down into the chassis. Called HP, they called it defective and took it back.

I’m looking at the Xerox DocuMate 510 now, hopefully it won’t fall apart.

Was this review helpful to you? YesNo (Report this)

15 of 15 people found the following review helpful:

3 out of 5 stars I returned mine, September 23, 2004

Reviewer: S. Milligan (Redmond, Wa) - See all my reviews

I have been looking for a reasonably priced duplex ADF scanner for some time now, I want to scan a file cabinet of documents and shred the originals. I thought this HP was it, it isn’t. I spent several hours over a few days giving this guy a workout. I scanned stacks of bank statements (30-35 pages at a time) (8.5 x 11) and mortgage documents (8.5 x 14) both single sided and double sided. Several times the ADF jammed (roller slipped and eventually gave up) and I had to man handle the stuck page out, I could find no way to release its grasp of the paper. These were not glossy pages, just typical bank statements. Other times one or two pages of a stack of 35 would scan in only a third of the page. It cannot scan duplex pages longer then 12 inches, I don’t know why. Duplex scanning takes more then twice as long as simplex because it has only a single scanner and must flip the page (I think it does this flipping twice). The software wasn’t smart enough to handle scanning mix length pages, if I had a document (for example: mortgage papers) with a mix of letter and legal size pages I had to tell the software that all the pages were 14 inches long otherwise it truncated the legal size to 11 inches. It all boils down to a lack of trust for me. Before I go shredding originals of these documents I need to be able to trust that I have good electronic copies and this scanner/software didn’t establish that trust.

Was this review helpful to you? YesNo (Report this)

9 of 9 people found the following review helpful:

5 out of 5 stars Excellent, Heavy Duty, Will do the job!, August 6, 2004

Reviewer: B. Komanetsky (Tracy, Ca United States) - See all my reviews

This is an excellent scanner. The device itself is heavy duty and the document feed behaves like it - solid and a good performer. The software’s user interface is a little difficult if you want to do custom scanning and there are 3 twain drivers installed, so which one do you use? But, the quality of the scanner and it’s great ADF (the roller assembly is even replaceable instead of having to replace the whole ADF) make it well worth a 5-Star rating.

WOW… This is one BAD ASS WOOT… NICE PRICE… If I could I’d buy 1000… You the man WOOT!!!

Lousy deal i think. Thoughts?

hmmmm, first page…but, not interested!! oh, well, 2morrow nite!!

froogle $189

Froogle has it cheapeast for $189, seems to be a good deal if you need one.

what a lousy woot and gtfo with those quad posts of kittens :roll: