HP Smart 90W AC Adapter

wootasourous wrote:
Will this work with non-HP items? Or is it just HP only?

People, just read the product description, it tells you what laptops/notebooks this will work with.

Thanks Woot! In for two.

/how about spare batteries next time?

Wow. If I hadn’t just bought 2 new ones I’d be in for 3.

Make sure it draws the same input voltage and you may be set.

Aaah! I had to return a laptop last week because I didn’t have one of these. One of my friends obtained one and gave it to me to set up, but he didn’t have the power adapter. I couldn’t find one in the time allotted.

Very nice laptop, too.

As far as I can tell, the smart AC adapter thing is “smart” only for HP’s professional laptops, and it comes with an adapter for the consumer laptops. It should work with pretty much any laptop that fits the plug. Both plugs are a funny size that not many people use.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I spent $80 on one of these a couple months ago.

I’m a little confused though - my HP laptop is a DV2988 which the description says it should work with, but the power cord says 65w? Would that number be for something else then?

I’m in for 3. My work laptop is an NC6400.

Now I can leave an adapter here at home, keep the one I already have in my laptop bag, and have a couple spares just in case. Considering in the 2 years I’ve had it, I’ve had two adapters die, spares are good.

Not knocking this, because this adapter may be markedly different, but last year they had 90w HP adapters, and they were $5.99 each:
http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=6934
HP EH642AA 90W Notebook AC Adapter

If you look at the compatible laptops, there is some overlap.

But they’re only worth about $10…

They were also used as it turned out and a bunch of them didn’t work (ask me how I know). Woot was standup about it and I got a refund.

I’ve apparently got the HP Pavilion dv6000, which this plug will work for, however, the adapter I have plugged to it now that came with it, as far as I know, only says 65W, WEIRD MUCH?

Still gonna get one, this’ll seriously save my arse from goign under my desk to unplug it just to take this thing to school with me. Keep one in the bag, keep th eone plugged into the wall here at home. Sweet…

True, but where else am I gonna get a replacement for $10? :wink:

Won’t work. Even if the tip, voltage, and current are the same Dell’s have a third contact, in the center, that is used to detect what adapter is plugged, and won’t charge the battery if it isn’t the right one.

In for one. I have a Pavilion DV5120us. Will be nice to be able to leave a charger in my computer’s travel bag.

Cheapest price I’ve seen on eBay is $18.99 shipped. Highest on there is like $80 which is what I’ve seen in stores.

As far as them being worth only $10, I don’t think that’s true at all - especially when you are dead in the water because you adapter died.

I remember that, because I ran for my laptop then, too. Mine (8710p, bought from Woot) wasn’t on that list.

It’s on this list, and it’s worth the extra couple of bucks to me to buy the right adapter.

Ah. I got two, and both of mine are still working, but I don’t use them every day.

Oh well, thanks for the insight and savin’ me $15!

There are 3 different adapters for the tx2500 series. A 65W and 2 90W. This however isn’t one of them. Doesn’t match on HP’s compatibility chart and I needed one as well :frowning: