HP TouchSmart 23” All-in-One Desktop PC with Digital TV Tuner

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

HP TouchSmart 23" All-in-One Desktop PC with Digital TV Tuner
$779.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 HP 600-1047 TouchSmart 23" AiO Desktop PC w/ TV Tuner, 640GB, 4GB, 802.11 b/g/n, Win 7 Home 64-bit

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Product Website

Careful here:

Graphics Description: Integrated Graphics
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce G200 with 320MB integrated shared graphics memory – up to 1919MB total available graphics memory as allocated by Windows 7

Doesn’t leave much room for upgrading either…

Play with one at BestBuy first. You will find the touch screen novelty wears off in about 10 seconds. Most icons and other items are too small to use your finger with and don’t respond appropriately.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0 GHz
Graphics Description: Integrated Graphics

Memory: 4.0GB PC3-10600 DDR3-1333 SODIMM
Hard Drive: 640GB 7200RPM Serial ATA 3.0 GB/s
Wireless Connectivity: Integrated Bluetooth and Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n

Underpowered and outdated processor and graphics when compared to the other components. Even with the fact that this is a 1080p touch-screen monitor, I still wouldn’t buy it at this price. Think pretty face but no brainpower behind it.

Please watch the model numbers when linking to reviews and such.

The portability of a desktop combined with the upgradability of a sealed laptop! What’s not to like?

I can attest to the wonders of a TV tuner card in a PC. Freakin’ amazing.

Here’s the manual

These HP all in one touch units make great command centers for running the household. Have mine wired to hang on the wall near the kitchen, but is easily moved to the desk for use.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. I saw the price, then saw the specs and was all like “huh?”

Here’s cnet.

gizmodo

ZDnet

The time I took to read that product description…was well worth it. Kudos!

Have no problem with mine. This is not a true touch screen like phones are. This unit uses a matrix and senses your finger’s (or cat’s tail’s) position from the edges. This might be where your problem lies.

YouTube video (300 and 600 models)

video review

I have almost this exact PC – my graphics card is a little better and processor is a little better, but all the other specs are the same. I bought mine over a year ago for double the price.

Honestly, I never use the touch screen capabilities – but that’s not why I bought it. I was attracted to the all-in-one and so far it’s holding up great. No problems or issues to date – and I had to upgrade Vista to Windows 7. Great screen – TV tuner and built in DVR are, in fact, amazing as someone else pointed out (and very easy to set up). It’s pretty pathetic that my computer monitor is both bigger, thinner, and sharper than my television (that’s the next thing on my list to be replaced).

It really is a great machine – but that’s how HP rolls. I use it quite a bit – mostly for media and Internet purposes, but it does more than enough for what I need. And I actually LOVE the keyboard it came with. The mouse requires 2 AA batteries, but they last for a long time.

Only problem I have is with the touch screen – it’s so sensitive when a fly lands on it or a hair brushes against it it will activate and start clicking on things and going nuts. But I’m not sure I’d consider that a real problem.

Also, it reboots in a matter of seconds

If this isn’t a quality post i have never read a quality post.

Can you please define all in one. What separates this from a standard desk top other than a 35 dollar TV tuner?

It doesn’t have a tower. It’s all built into the monitor.