HP TouchSmart 23” All-In-One PC

No. The iPad is low powered device with a very limited operating system that runs apps. This is a fully fledged computer running Windows 7. I have a higher powered version (with an i7 chip) that I use as a test machine - primarily when I am developing touchscreen kiosks in Flash. I also use it to review any high-definition video I produce. That type of work requires running the Adobe Suite of products as well as 3D modeling software…the type of products that a typical tablet or netbook can’t handle. I have had mine since September and I am very happy with it. I don’t have as much of a problem with fingerprints as I thought I would, but they do show up. I also don’t have much of an issue with glare, but that is likely because I have mine mounted on an arm that keeps it parallel to me when I am sitting at my desk. I have ordered a screen protector off of eBay that should help with both the fingerprints and glare.

In regards to the note someone made about screen rotation: there isn’t an accelerometer to detect when you reorient the machine, but Windows 7 does enable you to adjust the display to match turning it +90 degrees, -90 degrees or even 180 degrees (very useful for reviewing portrait orientation digital signage).

While I can’t say for certain on this model, I wooted one of these about a year ago and it has an infrared optical touchscreen. Around the perimeter of the screen is a thin section of redish plastic that houses transmitters and receivers that beam light beams (!) across the screen and detect your finger location xy-style, so all you have to do is get close to the screen – and not even touch it! – for it to detect a touch. Plus, it works with houseflies as well! Whew.

That’s a nice description man…

I can confirm that for a certainty. I owned one. It doesnt have an actual touch screen. Just a sensor around the border of the screen. The touchsmart laptops have a much nicer screen. which are if i understand both resistive and capacative

I can agree with this on HP customer service. From my experience (though with their tx1000 notebook, instead), they did everything they could to avoid upholding their end of the warranty. (My notebook overheated to the point that it would force shut down, even when it was on a cooling pad… in addition to the wireless card going and the hard drive failing.)

I do want to say, though… while my tx1000 had resistive input, I’m pretty sure this has capacitive (and seemed very responsive when I tried it out at the store). It really does mean all the difference.

I purchased a refurbished 25" and I’ve really enjoyed it as my main work computer.

The nvidia graphics card did have a conflict with with Vista after a particular update (I’m not sure which update, sorry) but it has since been remedied.

I did get ghost tabs while using right click menu choices in any program, but I was able to fix that in a Vista setting for mouse control.

Other than that, it’s been a dream. The touch screen is useful for two things.

1. when your battery dies on the mouse or keyboard
  2. Bejeweled Blitz.

Pretty descent price and it looks slick anywhere. With wireless, it really only needs one connection…the power cord an/or an antenna if you use the tv card.

P.S., This computer is on its 2nd year.

What a sexy beast!

Will i be able to connect an xbox 360 to it?

The only glare I experience is the reflection of my overhead lights because you asked. After a while you forget about them. I wouldn’t park this baby across from a window. That would suck.

Yes, all you need is an Xbox 360 S Video AV Cable.

So therefore you can play games in hd? i was going to buy an LCD and a laptop, but i think this ones a better deal!

Thanks by the way :slight_smile:

Experience a touch of genious with the HP TouchSmart 600 All-In-One PC

HP TouchSmart 600 All-In-One PC Video Demo

1 min., Over 32,000 Views

We take you on a quick tour of the features and capabilities of the new HP TouchSmart 600 with Windows 7.

HP TouchSmart 600 All-In-One PC Video HotHardware Review

Almost 7 min., Over 79,000 Views

Afraid not, as far as I know, you can only get standard (480 line) definition through S-Video. Lack of HDMI or even component inputs is a major negative of this machine.

From the HP Product Line Manager:

HP TouchSmart 300 and 600 All-In-One PC’s & Applications Video Overview

6 min., Over 116,000 Views

Oct 12, 2009

Two new HP TouchSmart PCs packed with exclusive touch applications, the HP TouchSmart 300 and HP TouchSmart 600, feature stunning HD displays with a multitouch enabled screen.

Consumers can now stream Netflix movies, watch TV programs, listen to music and internet radio, create photo collages and bring out their inner chef all by simply touching the PC screen.

The new consumer PCs feature exclusive built-for-touch applications including: Hulu Desktop, Netflix, Twitter, the HP Music Store powered by Rhapsody, Pandora Internet radio the TouchSmart Recipe Box, and Canvas.

The 16:9 widescreen tiles make multimedia, social media and other applications a rich and engaging touch experience. Some models of the HP TouchSmart 600 easily connect to gaming consoles, including Xbox, PlayStation and Wii, via HDMI or composite video ports.

The HP TouchSmart 300 starts at $899 and is offered in a 20-inch diagonal widescreen (available Nov. 1).

The HP TouchSmart 600 starts at $1,049 and is offered in a 23-inch diagonal widescreen (available Oct. 22, 2009).

www.hp.com/touchsmart

Gizmodo’s HP TouchSmart All-In-One PC Design

Feb 7, 2011

DESIGN

The HP TouchSmart Computer Designed After a Scorpion’s Tail

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2011/02/hptouchdesign2_01.png

PC World’s Overview, Specs, Lab Test Review, User Reviews

HP TouchSmart 600xt All-in-One PC

LAB TESTED

How We Test Desktops »
3.0 / 5 - PCWorld

Dec 8, 2009

2 User Reviews

Pros

Excellent custom touch-enabled applications
1080p screen, Blu-ray drive, HDTV tuner

Cons

Limited upgradability
Weak graphics performance
Bottom Line
This third-generation TouchSmart PC is boosted by Windows 7’s gesture support, but HP’s custom multitouch software is even more impressive.

That’s the HP 600-1055. The model being sold here is the HP 600-1120. The features and capabilities are considerably different.

Yep, you’re probably right but all HP 600 Touchsmart All-in-one PC’s have similar features & capabilities being showed.