HP Ultra Dual Core Entertainment Notebook with 17.3" LCD, Blu-Ray & HDMI

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
I want to see some wooters.us!

HP Ultra Dual Core Entertainment Notebook with 17.3" LCD, Blu-Ray & HDMI [Refurbished] - $599.99 + $5 shipping

1 * HP DV7-3165DX - AMD Turion II 2.5GHz, 4GB DDR2, 500GB SATA, Blu-Ray, 17.3” LED, Win 7 Home Prem 64

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

not a huge gamer here but enjoy pogo.com once in a while, would this be a good computer for time killing visits to that site?

hMMMM… looks like a decent setup… and is it me or have there been a bunch of laptops available lately?

ZDNet Review.

http://www.zdnet.com/reviews/product/laptops/hp-pavilion-dv7-3165dx/33970190

Upscale a 720p to 900 or downscale a 1080p to 900. Either way this always bugs me about Blu-Ray equipped laptops…

I have the 18.4" / Quad Core / 8GB version and I-LIKE-IT-A-LOT.

Where does it say this?

Good laptop for a decent pricing. I have it it works good. Don’t expect good speakers quality but visually its nice. Dusting is a small factor you have to consider. Keep it clean that’s all what you have to do with it. Heavy gaming is not recommended, anything else will do just fine. HDMI out put works just as expected, with blueray drive cannot get a better one for same price.
Heavy though! But that’s because of the nice large screen.

Previous Woot

I have an older Intel dual core HP 17" and I like it a lot. It has been pretty bulletproof and has survived some serious trials.

I have a dv7-1468nr which is very similiar. I like alot it works great and I have played blurays connected to my 47" LG lcd thru hdmi and it looks great. Nice price would recommend getting additional warranty. Ive had mine for almost a year and have had not 1 problem.

it’s listed in the resolution. the res is listed at 1600x900 and it includes a bluray player…generally scaling will lead to some sort of artifacting

Main page, specs:
■17.3” Diagonal HD+ LED HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)

Unboxing at YouTube

I’m offended by the Latino person pulling a donkey. w00t should take it down.

Oh wait… that was yesterday’s discussion.

Nevermind.

Froogle
http://www.google.com/products?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&q=HP+DV7-3165DX&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=2XIQTLqiIdntnQf--anADQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CDgQrQQwAg

“Where does it say this?”

It’s just implied because the screen is 900 pixels in the vertical direction… which means the HD image will always be scaled either UP from 720 pixels or DOWN from 1080 pixels to fit the 900 pixel screen, unless the software one is using to playback HD content has a 1:1 option… which would mean 720p content wouldn’t fill the screen, and 1080p content would be to large.

How does this processor stand up to an i5? This looks like a pretty rockin deal to me.

Of course somebody has to ask this, so…

Is this laptop any good for playing games? How powerful is the listed graphics card, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200? Or is it more suitable for watching Bluray movies?