HTC One (Verizon & GSM Unlocked)(S&D)

I have T-mobile and tried a Verizon branded M8, it was an “either-or” situation, you could have voice and text or just data.
You couldn’t have them both working at the same time.

woot get more sprint phones…

you guys never have anything I can use on freedom pop unless they are having freedom pop sale.

We have sold them in the past but they didn’t sell that well. It’s a fairly narrow market. :frowning:

Have the batteries been replaced/updated, by any chance?

When using https://willmyphonework.net/

the submodel is Verizon.

for what it’s worth. typing this on a m9 running on Verizon right now. it’s a good phone.

I bought cause u can unlock boatloader… which is very rare for a Verizon phone. currently running lineage on it. very snappy. I can’t speak to htc sense as both htc phones I’ve owned I immediately put a custom Rom on

camera isn’t amazing but it’s above average for a smart phone

Ive been happy with this phone since release. I am about to replace but just cause it’s time to tinker with something else…

I loved the M8, too, despite the camera. I bought it right here, a S&D model, that was in very nice shape when I got it. I’d be using it still, but after a bit less than a year and a half the charge port started to get more and more wonky, until it got to the point where I could barely find a charger that would connect. Once it did, it would charge up and work fine – until it needed another charge. Then I would have to fiddle around with the cable to try to get it to charge again. It was going down to zero power regularly. I don’t know if this issue is really limited to HTC phones, but it’s annoying when it happens to an otherwise working phone.

I was sorry to let it go, but I ended up replacing it with an HTC 10 in nice condition from eBay, and I love it even more than the M8. And this one will get the Oreo update, apparently.

Any shot these will work with virgin mobile?

They’ll be tested and replaced if necessary.

Coolie cool, thanks!

Tmobile is att.

Sprint is a narrow market or freedom pop? Cause half of the people I work with use sprint…

This from PC Magazine
CDMA vs. GSM: What’s the Difference?
In the US, Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular use CDMA. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM.

They didn’t buy the sprint phones we’ve sold. LOL

Lots of clueless people here.

Verizon 4G LTE phones are factory unlocked. They’ve all been unlocked since 2012/2013. All of them support 4G LTE with T-mobile (as far back as the old Galaxy S4) and HDSPA+ with AT&T.

Settings > mobile networks > network mode

There is a setting for GSM in there. Then enter your carrier’s APN info and you will have data configured. For the M8, you need to select legacy 3gpp mode.

No such thing as either having only calls or only data.

I would not recommend the M8. It’s a very old model and is prone to battery issues (phones turn off by themselves).

The price of the M9 isn’t terrible but you can get a good unlocked Amazon Prime phone brand new for $150-200.

You should see if you can find a program!

Crossing my fingers that this phone will charge. Bought a Turbo 2 last month from Woot and it wouldn’t. In their favor, it was the easiest return I’ve ever done with an online purchase, which makes me much more likely to buy at Woot instead of elsewhere.

Lots of people also don’t get there is more than one type of unlocked.

Unlocked (As in I can choose a carrier) is standard on verizon.

Unlocked (Bootloader) is almost impossible to find on verizon unless you get a phone like the pixel directly from google. The M9 has an unlockable bootloader meaning you can run any custom OS you want. Open source… get rid of verizon apps, bloat, etc. etc.

Rooting is yet another story…

M9 - CAN (albeit not easily) be rooted, bootloader unlocked, and of course its “unlocked” as person I’m replying to mentioned with extra sass :stuck_out_tongue:

I have had a M9 since the day they came out. It’s an AT&T branded phone that I paid $10 to unlock and am currently using on t-mobile. I have also used it on MetroPCS and Verizon.
It’s a great phone. Really good camera and the best speakers/sound you will find in a phone. MetroPCS gave me a free phone last year so I ‘upgraded’. After a couple of months I switched back to the M9 because it still does everything better than the newer phone did.

I don’t know about ‘‘this phone’’ and I would hope if you call T-Mobile they know the answer. I do know that I just sold a friend of mine my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge that I got from Verizon and we set it up for him to use on T-Mobile . Two employees at T-Mobile store were real helpful but only got us half way there…went home and found two different guys on YouTube and between the two we got all the settings changed and all is good now…small exception is a little notice sometimes pops up when you first boot it up…saying the sim card is not Verizon’s . If you find out this would work I can try and find you the links