Hunt Country Mixed (4)

I need a reason to buy this wine. Someone give me a reason. Please… Anyone.

The best reason is that you would pay more than $65 for the Late Harvest and the Ice Wine. You get the Port and the Sherry essentially for free!

Is this email address correct? It keeps bouncing back. Thanks!

Super! Thanks so much for helping our flood relief drive with the Red Cross … much appreciated!

Yes, it is, Jim@HuntWines.com. I checked my inbox and it’s ready to receive for your message! Please try again. Thanks.

Because we want your moneyz.

Now go buy. :tongue:

I felt pretty obliged to pick up one, being as my surname is Hunt, and my family has roots in upstate New York.

However, reading the glowing reviews in the comments thus far, I’m now in for two!

A few of us WNY wooters visited the winery a few years ago in the fall. We had a wonderful tour. I cannot remember who gave the tour, it may have been you, Jim. We tasted some excellent wines and were treated like royalty with a special tasting opp. Thank you so much for your hospitality and for putting an offer up on woot again. Also, thank you for your excellent participation. :slight_smile:

Had a bottle of the Vidal Icewine a while back. I’m pretty picky about my icewines, and Vidal rarely makes the top of my list. This one, however, was very interesting - it had almost a cotton candy sort of thing going on. While it was sweeter (or more likely, less acidic) than my normal icewine preference it was very tasty.

If this was just the Vignoles and Icewine we’d be in. If it was was those two plus, say, Cab Franc or other interesting dry reds I’d be in. Just have no interest in the port or cream sherry.

So sad that you don’t ship to NV. I was going to break my self-imposed “no buying” for these.

Thanks for the comments … that’s a great idea for a future Woot!

Super … thanks so much! I hope you enjoy the wines.

I’m so glad you enjoyed your visit! I may have been your tour guide, or perhaps Paul, Judy or Cassidie. Thanks for the kind words … we really enjoy hosting guests at the winery, and joining the Woot community from time to time is fun, too!

I have purchased the ice wine before and was really impressed. ALL IN… and I don’t go all in often (enough). Really looking forward to trying the others.

Last Wooter to Woot:brle10415

Last Purchase:a few seconds ago

SOBS I want to order but no Missouri anymore.

I live in Rochester and have access to these wines in the local shops. I haven’t had the port or sherry, but the vidal ice wine and late harvest vignoles are favorites of ours. Especially the late harvest vignoles- for the money I believe it’s one of the best values out there, and we really enjoy it.

I had a chance to chat with Art Hunt for quite a while last year at an industry tasting I got invited to at the Lodge at Woodcliff, just outside Rochester. He was wonderful, and I really enjoyed hearing how the Hunt family transitioned from wine growers to wine makers back in the day. Really facinating stuff!

How will these age? Is the ice wine something that I can lay down for a few years and be glad I did?

I, too, am curious about aging potential. Already in for two, just need to know what to do with 'em.

Jim, thanks for joining us. always a pleasure working with (and tasting) HuntCountry.

Hopefully Jim will pop back in with a more definitive answer but in general, ice wines will age gracefully for many years, perhaps even decades. The high sugar content has something to do with it, IIRC.