Hunter LightMinder Expansion Receiver & Remote System Bundle

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Hunter LightMinder Expansion Receiver & Remote System Bundle
$6.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Wait, what? Can anyone conceive of a realistic use of these things?

That’s a cool idea!!

Remote control lights… wow… does it make your house chirp when you click the lights on and off?

I fail to see the point of remote keyless entry for your room lights if it only works when you’re within said room.

It’s no Clapper!!

You can use it like Austin Powers does to turn on your stereo and revolving bed…

Freaking/Pissing your pets/parents/kids/neigbors/cube-mates out/off?

Doesn’t seem that great. I mean it’s not really a theft deterrant since you have to be within range of the house to turn the lights on via the remote. I haven’t hit the point where I’d rather use a remote than walk across the room to turn a light on.

These seem pretty cool, but none of the lights in my house use switches, no outlets. :frowning:

I can use this to turn on my coffee pot without getting out of bed!

(Since my coffee pot won’t respond to voice commands).

Romance. In case you want to dim the lights from the bed. Oh wait, nevermind, it just turns them off.

This will be perfect for turning off the bed lamp in the boy’s room when I leave in the wee hours of the morning for work. And perhaps for turning on the lamp at the foot of the stairs as well. Almost as good as a leakfrog for the new house.

I wonder if I have to be in the same room as the appliance. I wouldn’t mind turning the coffee pot in the kitchen on from the coziness of my bed. And yes, I’ve heard of programmable coffee makers, but I am not programmable to get up at any given time.

Do you have to have the main unit to make this work? These look like add-on only modules.

All the functionality of “The Clapper” with none of the fun clapping!! Plus, the added difficulty of reaching into your pocket for a small keychain! I’m in for 6!

Turning your Ninja blender on and off while making drinks

I purchased these last time they were offered. They work great. I can turn on all the lamps in my livingroom with just one click of the remote.

Romance. In case you want to dim the lights from the bed. Oh wait, nevermind, it just turns them off.