Huntington Wine by Hahn Family Vineyards Red - 6 Pack

CT community values for previous vintages hover around $10-11/bottle, making this basically a wash on value as well (though obviously not compared to winery direct prices). I hate to invoke a Vaynerism here, but pazzzz.

Here’s Hahn’s main website.

Hahn TV!

and a blog

Ranked #29 at winebusiness.com

Courtesy of CJ:

So join or create a gathering now …

my thoughts exactly :slight_smile:

Hi All,

It’s Josh and friends back for round three hanging out with the Wooters. I’m going to grab a shower and head into the office, but before I go let me clear one thing up. It’s the 2008 PS, not the 2009. See you all in a bit.

[How good is this deal?](http://bit.ly/93Ah3I" title="How good is this deal?)

Decent little deal here. Please note that the prices are based on the 2007 vintage for all three, as the website does not yet have the 2008 vintage posted for these wines.

Click the link above for full discount details, links, etc.

Cheez - do they ban fine art too?

According to Hahn’s website:

“Huntington wines are part of the Hahn Family Wines portfolio.”

“Huntington wines are created by the winemaking team of Kerry Damskey and Barry Gnekow.”

“Sales of Huntington wine benefit the Mugie Ranch Scholarship Fund for higher education of Kenyan children.”

“With roots on three continents, Nicolaus “Nicky” and Gaby Hahn reside part-time in Northern Kenya, Africa where they own Mugie Ranch, home to a school, farm and wildlife preserve.”

THREAD HIJACK

There are still spots left for the 2nd ANNUAL Sip and Sail/New York City Wine Wooters Weekend coming up in only 3 weeks!

It’s a really fun time and a great way to meet variety of wooters. Check out the thread today and be part of the fun!

END HIJACK

Dang you, wine.woot, I can’t keep myself from your <$15 wines.

Available to Rat.

I got in for three-- I was surprised to see it was an option. Good price, and it’s party potential (if I don’t like it, bring to a party and leave on the table).

Alright, commutes have been done, coffee has been gotten, Facebook has been checked and restaurants have been started for another shift so I finally finish that duck confit recipe (my apologies to those who actually get the reference).

What to start with here? To answer a couple of people and confirm the veracity of Cheron98’s spreadsheet the pricing on the 2008 Cab and Petite Sirah will also be $14 on the website so any value judgments based on the spreadsheet will be good to go.

Secondly, as discovered by several people and implied by the title of “Huntington Wine by Hahn Family Vineyard”, Huntington is indeed a HFW wine produced by our great winemaking team out of the winery down in Soledad, CA. Huntington is definitely a favorite around here (if you are nice I’ll get our order guy to post recipes with some PS reduction sauce) and holds a special place in the heart of our president, Bill Leigon, as it was the brand that got him back into wine a decade+ ago.

That makes me happy. Now, let me tell you what you can say about the wine that will help you pick up women. If you check out the Muggie Ranch page on the Huntington website you’ll see what this brand is about. The Hahns (of Hahn Family Wines fame) own a significant portion of land in Kenya. On that land they have created a 49,000 acre wildlife preserve where poachers are most certainly not welcome. Also on this land are native tribesfolk who could use some help. Gaby and Nicky make sure that all of the children in the area have access to education and classrooms where they can get a good start to living. Huntington sales bolster the fund that builds the classrooms and hires the teachers.

Buying wine=Education for children, how does that not make you look like a rock star at a party?

On a side note, my avatar is ridiculous. After checking under My account I didn’t see where to change it (though my timezone is now set correctly), little help here?

Actually, I think your avatar is kinda cool. Click on the avatar itself (instead of “my account,” and you should see a “change avatar” link.

Click on your user name at the top of the screen. You’ll see a bigger version of your avatar and a link to change it.

Click on your Woot name and it will change to show all your posts to the right and your avatar to the left.

Just below and to the right of your avatar, will be a link to change your avatar.

Takes you to a new page, where you have a choice of 5 Woot avatars, or where you can change to a Facebook (or Twitter) Profile Pic.

You then click on the Use It for the new look or use the Keep It for the current one.

Not necessarily true – I had, over a year ago, in May or June 2009, a 2008 Sebastiani & Sons “The Crusher”, and was PleaSantly surprised by how good it was. Not a long-ager, but nice for $10-12/bottle. But it was much more PS (over 90%, IIRC), and from Clarksburg (where Bogle, among others, grow PS), not from grapes all over the state.

When avatars first appeared, I suggested that the Woot monkeys make the avatar of winery representatives their winery logo. Woot thought that was a great idea, but never actually implemented it.

An easier idea is that Woot should set the winery representative’s avatar to the offering picture. That would be much easier; the picture is already available to Woot (the winery logo would take extra work to obtain and set up).

Ah, got it. Thanks much to all the avatar helpers. Now, back to the wine.

HFW is built on QPR. Yes it is a California AVA (more on that later) and a young wine, but most importantly it’s a very good wine. We’ll see what the L’braters think when those reviews come through but at tastings we will always pour the wine and let people taste before telling what the price point is, pleasantly surprising them. The 2008 Petite Sirah is the wine with the best QPR in this Woot IMO.

As for the California AVA, with vineyards in Santa Lucia Highlands, Arryo Secco, Paso Robles and contacts all over California the best way to let Paul and Co. paint the best picture they can is to put on the CA AVA and let them go to town. For the Petite Sirah in particular the wine is just over 50% Paso with the rest coming from Hames Valley, Alexander Valley and San Antonio Valley. Any time you use wine from non-contiguous AVA’s you have to use an AVA that encompasses them all, hence California.