Huntspoint W Grade Wagyu Beef Strip Steak

Huntspoint W Grade Wagyu Beef Strip Steak

Serious question. What the sh*t is grade “w”? I’m loosely familiar with a-c on yield and the numbers for marbling, but I’ve never heard wagyu graded as “W”…

2 Likes

3 questions
1 are these prime
2 are these aged
3 how many steaks are included

There are 4 one pound strip steaks.

Seriously, there’s no such thing.

I agree. There is no “W grade” in Wagyu beef… There is no “W grade” in any beef that I can find… And I’m actually a professional chef.
So, I’m interested in knowing what the grade of beef actually is.

1 Like

Is this Wagyu style beef grown in America? Listed under vendor it states: “100% Authentic Japanese Wagyu Beef” imported directly from Japan. Judging from the price, It looks like this can only be domestic. American or Japanese?

W grade is just simply made up. In Japan the grade goes from 1-12. Australia 1-9. This W grade is made up hence I really woner if this is wagu beef.

Whatever it is, it’s not only vague but a rip off. Get down to Sam’s Club and buy a CHOICE (no need for PRIME cut) black angus cowboy (tomahawk) ribeye. It will be about 2.5 - 3" thick and run about $21, at least here in Texas. Do a reverse sear topped off with homemade butter medallions. On top of a slice of saran wrap make a roll of fresh lime juice, S/P, chopped parsley worked into cool butter. Freeze and then slice your roll into a medallion on top immediately after doing your final sear. This treat will change your life.

Last one I did on a pellet grill had so much juice/fat that it ran off into the grease bucket. Flavor and tenderness was to die for at medium rare, final internal temp of 135F. Will feed about 4 hongree adults. :yum:

3 Likes

you should sell these back to Japan, i feel like that would be humorous!

Incorrect.
The marbling score (BMS) goes from 1-12 but the grading scale only goes to 5.

1 pound of meat. The package weight is 4 pounds (probably dry ice and box weight).

That’s not wagyu.

THIS is wagyu.

ITOHam20cm-e1462075843948

1 Like

The beef in the picture in no way resemble Wagyu. As far as the grade it looks Choice at best. You can buy Prime that looks ten times better than that for $10-12 lb.

On the W Grade:

*It’s Wagyu beef that for one reason or another has not marbled up . *

W grade Wagyu will be full of flavor and be very juicy. It’s actually healthier because it doesn’t contain all that fat from marbling. The old wives tale that says the flavors in the fat is actually wrong - the flavor is within the beef itself.

There are four breeds of wagyu: Japanese Black Kuroge Washu, Japanese Polled Mukaku Washu), Japanese Brown Akage Washu or Akaushi and Japanese Shorthorn Nihon Tankaku Washu.

*It’s Wagyu beef that for one reason or another has not marbled up . *

So does that mean this is defective or refurb Waygu?

4 Likes

I can only tell you what I’m told.

It’s 4 1lb steaks…thats what it says.

How much for the :leafy_green: and :tomato:? XD