Huntspoint Wagyu Inside Skirt Steak (4)

Huntspoint Wagyu Inside Skirt Steak (4)

If you look closely you can see the Photoshop mistakes.

ps

1 Like
  • Tri-Tip T-Shirt
  • Filet Mignon Frock
  • Brisket Bikini/Bra
  • Short Rib Shoes
  • Loin Leggings

$15.90/lb !? Who pays that? Just nuts!

1 Like

Yeah… nobody pays that for skirt steak. There is no marbling in the skirt steak, it is mainly fatty and connective tissue. Commonly used for street tacos. Woot needs to stop hawking this high profit margin rip-off stuff.

2 Likes

If it is Wagyu beef it will have some marbling even the inside skirt steak… But what they aren’t mentioning is that “inside skirt steak” is more commonly known as brisket, which is one of the worst cuts of beef. But you are correct it does contain lots of connective tissue which is why a barbecue joint will have to slow cook a brisket for hours in order to get the connective tissue to breakdown and make the meat edible.

Brisket is different… it’s the ‘front axle’, between the front legs, where skirt steak is around the bottom of the ribcage, and inside skirt steak. The blue one is where the skirt steak is, and the white is the brisket.

Skirt steak is used for stuff like fajitas, because it’s very tasty and tender when cut along the very broad grain, so when you bite it into smaller pieces, it’s shorter muscle fibers. Brisket is more like a roast.

3 Likes

Inside skirt is most definitely not brisket.
Also this is not wagyu.

1 Like

This is Domestic Wagyu beef, that comes from the best bloodline wagyu breeders from the USA. These Wagyu Inside Skirt steaks are fully marbled and will totally delicious.

1 Like

now the question is here, is this new or refurbished or open box customer return?
and what is the warranty on this? :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

5 Likes

Since wagyu is nothing more than an anglicization of two Japanese words meaning Japanese (as in originating from the interior of Japan) and beef/cow, it’s literally impossible for these to be wagyu.

What they are is Kuroge Washu, most likely crossbred with Angus since the USDA allows the buzzword “wagyu” to be applied to any beef containing at least 46% Kuroge Washu or (more rarely) Akage Washu, that may have some predisposition to marbling but often fail to achieve the same level of marbling that you see in real wagyu.

1 Like

@Huntspoint Thank you for joining us today!

3 Likes

Do I think these are real Wagyu, as in from Japan? No. Do I think they’re probably better than the choice (at best) you can get from walmart or similar mass market grocers? Probably. And they’re probably pretty darn good…

But that being said, Don’t spit in my mouth and call it Voss- It’s probably good beef, but it isn’t true japanese Wagyu, and probably doesn’t warrant a “bargain/discount” (since that’s what woot is supposed to be) price of $16/lb

TL;DR:

It’s probably good beef but I’m not paying “real steak from my local butcher” price for what will be used for fajitas and the like.

1 Like

Man, so tempted. But maybe more than I need. We need a new “Beefmates” website so we can share :slight_smile:

1 Like