Huntspoint Wagyu Strip Steaks, 4lb

Maybe the @Huntspoint vendor representative can weigh in. They have sold these before. I’m not sure what kind of warranty they offer.

We don’t sell cars to issue a warranty. If someone messes up cooking it why should we be responsible. Woot is not the only place we sell our meat, we have a butcher shop, we have a restaurant, we sell on line. We have never had complaints with our W grade Wagyu.

1 Like

So the meat guy says “trust us.”

2 Likes

I’ve not had their grade w steaks, but the wagyu beef ribs I ordered a while back were quite good.

4 Likes

Here’s what Woot says:

Food and perishables
Food and perishables are not returnable to Woot!, but may be refundable or replaceable based on customer issues and availability.

Hey guys, let’s tune down the vitriol here. Thanks!

3 Likes

And this is why I’ll never buy mail order meat. My local butcher and even big box supermarket and warehouse store is going to try to do something to try to make it right. Not tell me “You didn’t cook it right. It’s your fault.” I’ve had enough high dollar steaks at top steakhouses to know that even with the best inspections, suppliers and cooking techniques a batch of steaks/side of beef can be off in taste, texture or quality. Reputable businesses are going to want to find the cause of problem in case it is issue since it is their reputation on the line.

4 Likes

In my 50+ years I have never and will never order meat online. Use a local butcher shop or I can run down to Costco or Sam’s and get USDA Prime for much less and it is NOT frozen. I’m in the food service business and know what this stuff really cost. Food supplier like US Foods or Sysco are a great option if you have the in with someone. Also, if something is not right they will refund or replace the meats NO questions asked.

4 Likes

If you are looking for something better try crowd cow. Never heard of wagyu steaks for 20$ a steak. And before huntspoint rep starts running their mouth look at a+ olive wagyu and see the difference for yourselves

2 Likes

Right. These are a lesser grade of Wagyu. The top grade went to the restaurant. I think it’s a little disingenuous for the vendor to not just say that, but instead to play down the positive characteristics that Wagyu is know for, and tell us they are not really all that important.

If these were top-quality, they wouldn’t be a bargain. Choose a prep method that is kind to a leaner cut of steak, and try them out if you want to. Or skip them and buy non-Wagyu with nice marbling, and know what you want. No big deal. How much does the beef DNA matter? You decide.

1 Like

For the vendor, @Huntspoint how does this rating compare to USDA choice or USDA prime? The only thing I can find about this rating with a quick google search is from woot and your company.

2 Likes

Someone should ask whoever bought “3 or more” how they are. I would hope they have tried it before dropping 3 bills.

This wagyu has varying levels of marbling, on average it a choice/high-choice, also could also be prime or better, as well as a low choice. The marbling is not the reason to buy these steaks, the price point is the reason. The steaks are going to be tender, full of flavor and juicy because of the wagyu genetics and the 30 day wet age. Locally and through our own online sales channel, we have never gotten a complaint on our W grade wagyu. Our customers love them and come back and buy more.

1 Like

$20 is the reason why these steaks are such a great deal, they are a bargain price and they wonderful steaks. We sell both American and Japanese wagyu of different grades and quality. If anyone wants a great eating steak buy American Wagyu, if you want to east meat that is like eating a stick of butter we also have that. I can beat any price for A5 Japanese olive Wagyu then any other retailer on or off line can offer.

We have been in business for over 7 years, we are a family owned business where many different family people work and support themselves and their families. We know meat and we know how to buy meat, how to handle meat, how to cut meat and how to ship meat as well as how to cook meat. We sell quality and we offer value. We have customers that have been buying from us for many years now because of our reputation for quality and value. Dropping $300 for quality meat is not a big-deal for hard working consumers who know value.

1 Like

Meat that’s like eating a stick of butter? No thanks. I’ve tried a stick of butter before and it isn’t great. And most hardworking consumers CANNOT afford to spend 300 dollars on meat that’ll last for like 5 dinners. But I’m sure it tastes great.

2 Likes

Japanese Wagyu is too rich, very much like eating a stick of butter, for the american palate. I would much rather have have American wagyu steak, the marbling does not matter.

1 Like

I’ve never tasted it before so I wouldn’t really know. All I know is it’s expensive

1 Like

You should go ahead and order some, Will. Make sure to cook it right, though.

3 Likes

This is the most affordable wagyu on the market, the quality is great. You will be very pleased with your purchase. Wagyu beef is really the best beef.

1 Like