Hurley Bike J Bay Urban E-Bike

Hurley Bike J Bay Urban E-Bike

1 Like

Did some research on this bike as it appears to have a rather feature rich set of components for this price (disc brakes, 7 speeds, fenders, rear luggage carrier). These bikes are made by joyridebike.com (not to be confused with joyridebikeS.com which is a bike shop - called them and they kindly set me straight).

There are basically no reviews on the bike anywhere I could find that are of any value. I did find some comments on the lack of customer support (here, and here). Customer service appears abysmal.

CVS did a 30 minute segment on this bike that I found on youtube which gives a bit more detail on the display.

What I’ve learned is that IF this bike works fine, this is a pretty good deal. IF it does not work fine, you are likely going to have issues getting service. Click on the ‘need help’ link on this page and you’ll find literally a blank pop up.

In the end I decided to risk it and ordered one - we’ll see in the end if it was a good or bad choice. Due to the lack of customer support I also purchased an Asurion 2-year add-on warranty that is linked at the bottom of the page in hopes that these 55 extra dollars will help me if there are issues with the bike.

Hope this information helps others and hope I don’t regret the decision to pull the trigger. Time will tell :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apologies, not CVS, HSN did a 30 minute segment. Here’s the link.

Well my fork came damaged beyond repair. This is going to suck sending back. Packaging could have been much better.

1 Like

Hi there. Checked in with CS. You need to contact them from the account that made the purchase. Then, when they respond, you can attach photos to that email. That will speed things up.